How to use seafoam

sneak_e_pete

It's a decarb mainly so can do a few things. What you are doing is for just general preventative measures. This is to clear up some rough running motors or a couple times per year.

Spray it into cylinders. Soak for a bit. Run engine.

Run engine spray into carbs until engine starts to big down. Let run for a while again. Repeat.

The shock method using gas is mix 3 litres with a whole can and run that through the engine.

I run it in my Yamaha 50hp four stroke outboard & my snowmobile too as well as snowblower and you can mix it several ways as guys have already said !!! Been using it for years no issues with anything ..... I run it every other tank or so and use it as stabilizer as well during the winter too

We use for yearly maintenance on our rental 9.9 two stroke motors as follows:

1. First, mix fuel stabilizer in a tank
  2. Run the motor with fuel stabilizer while spraying SeaFoam into the air filter while revving
  3. Let it run for a couple of minutes
  4. Turn off the motor and disconnect fuel
  5. Pull out the spark plugs
  6. Spray SeaFoam in cylinders while pulling over the engine slowly
  7. Replace spark plugs

I guess I'm a sucker for wasting about 5 whole dollars pre year for easy preventative maintenance on all my motors.

Just put about half a can in snowmobile for its last tank of the season. Hopefully burn it all tomorrow and she'll be ready to fog for the summer.

I run it in my Yamaha 50hp four stroke outboard & my snowmobile too as well as snowblower and you can mix it several ways as guys have already said !!! Been using it for years no issues with anything ..... I run it every other tank or so and use it as stabilizer as well during the winter too

X2 but in an oil inj 2 stroke. Never an issue.

If you're not having any problems why waist your money on Seafoam. Don't fix what's not broken.

Its called preventative maintenance. Pay a little now, or a lot later. Your choice. Im running a '93 2 stroke that has never run fuel with no stabilizer, and been seafoamed every fall. Not a single issue in all those years. Still runs like new.

S.

Its called preventative maintenance. Pay a little now, or a lot later. Your choice. Im running a '93 2 stroke that has never run fuel with no stabilizer, and been seafoamed every fall. Not a single issue in all those years. Still runs like new.

S.

That is also why my Jetta is over 300000 Km trouble free without excess oil consumption between regularly scheduled oil and timing belt changes. (Darn I just jinxed myself)

Yes it just plain works !!! And with today's garbage corn gas !!!! Why take a chance !!!! Like I said as well never an issue using it and will continue !!!! Even top notch marine mechanics who build & repair high end engines & outboards swear by it and use it in their own engines as well !!!! Example I had a used snowblower would not start or stay running figured it had old gas in it for a long time drained out the old gas put about an oz or 2 in it with about 1/2 liter of gas first I let the seafoam sit in it for a day cranked it over a few times added the gas and it started right up and ran great !!!! Just one example of how well it's worked for me !!! To each their own I guess ....

As some know I restore old motorcycles, cars and small engines just as a hobby and the number of carburetors I have rebuilt is in the hundreds now. The size of the jets and the passages in a carb. can be clogged by poor fuel and ethanol quickly. If you haven't been inside of a carb the passages as well as the jets are in some cases as small as a hairbrush bristle. The amount of sludge that i remove from the bottom of the float bowls that have been put away wet without stabilizer is just sick. I use stabilizers in all of my engines that will have gas sitting in it for longer than 3 weeks. The others get treated twice a year. For a motorcycle RnR on a carb set is usually $300.oo that buys stabilizers for many a year.

Art

Have used it for years and the only thing better for cleaning is mopar combustion cleaner but that really is only for use by people in the industry and thats all it does is decarbonize.

Use seafoam as preventitive maintenenace and stabilizer in everything i own boats car truck sleds lawnmower chainsaw trimmer ect all start and run perfect everyspring and fall.

had a polaris sled wrapped up in yard for two years without use but stabilized with seafoam started on 5 th pull ran good for rest of winter no issues.

the people that don't use it esp in 2 stroke stuff those carb jets will slowly close up with grunge and dirt from ethanol so when your thinking this is the best my 9.9 has ever run usually means your about to have a lean meltdown of a piston or two

I'm told by a pal that is a chemist at the Nanticoke refinery that by the time a tank of regular gas in the car is on the bottom 1/4 it is already breaking down. unless you are going through a tank or more a week. So that tells me how important it is to treat fuel in the boat. Cheap insurance and peace of mind for me. My neighbour takes my old plugs and puts them in his engine.

Edited by Old Ironmaker