Video of a "sportsman" dragging a trophy Musky to his truck

Old Ironmaker

Why any Musky is allowed to be kept is beyond me. Time for the MNR to join the 21st century maybe. Sickening to watch this duffus drag a trophy fish to his truck. Is this as bad as the guy clubbing one to death, dead is dead?

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2014/12/12/fishing-ethics-clash-on-thames-river[/quote

Why any Musky is allowed to be kept is beyond me. Time for the MNR to join the 21st century maybe. Sickening to watch this duffus drag a trophy fish to his truck. Is this as bad as the guy clubbing one to death, dead is dead?

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2014/12/12/fishing-ethics-clash-on-thames-river[/quote

If it was a legal catch whats the big deal? Maybe he likes to eat them? The clubbing them to death was tossing them in the water for the hawks to eat..Big difference...Its a slippery slope when we start thinking one fish should be eaten and not others..I know some guys that like to eat moose does that mean they shouldn't hunt deer too?

They're great steaked... I'm told...

We have bass fishermen that think we shouldn't be able to keep those either. Be careful what you ask for...

Can't beat a breakfast of eggs taters and bass cooked in bacon grease. My arteries are cracklin just thinking about it.

I guess I'm in the minority here, I'm somewhat surprised. I wonder why someone with a non resident license can't possess one? Or any resident a Sturgeon. I'm not being holier than thou, I just don't agree with keeping any trophy fish, be it a Bass, Walleye, Pike or Musky. I can't believe a fish that old can taste any good anyway. Just my opinion.

Actually had Deer and Walleye today and it was great. And no I don't belong to P3TA.

I guess I'm in the minority here, I'm somewhat surprised. I wonder why someone with a non resident license can't possess one? Or any resident a Sturgeon. I'm not being holier than thou, I just don't agree with keeping any trophy fish, be it a Bass, Walleye, Pike or Musky. I can't believe a fish that old can taste any good anyway. Just my opinion.

Actually had Deer and Walleye today and it was great. And no I don't belong to P3TA.

I hear ya dood. I dont keep trophy fish nor would I want to. Ive kept one big bass and one big walleye because of deep hooking crankbaits. I did not enjoy it one bit.

but it is what it is

maybe the guy has ten kids at home to feed? lol

It's funny, I actually sat with an old Native friend just this afternoon who's point of view is, there should be no such thing as catch and release fishing at all. It harms fish for no good reason, gives them "infections" and is a pointless waste of time. He certainly doesn't agree with "sport"fishing and when I brought up tournament fishing to joke, he nearly got up and walked away. "Terrible thing the White ego," he said.

He's obviously in a minority as well. :w00t:

It's funny, I actually sat with an old Native friend just this afternoon who's point of view is, there should be no such thing as catch and release fishing at all. It harms fish for no good reason, gives them "infections" and is a pointless waste of time. He certainly doesn't agree with "sport"fishing and when I brought up tournament fishing to joke, he nearly got up and walked away. "Terrible thing the White ego," he said.

He's obviously in a minority as well. :w00t:

yep. ive seem that on my rez. fish for a meal and any more then you can eat go to elders

I have zero issue with that

Yea I thought maybe he had a bunch of kids to feed too, that I understand. But the late model SUV tells me different. I have had to keep a few big smallies here, but gave them away, I watch them spawn from my deck. No way I could eat one of my pets either. If it was a matter of not having food, watch what I will keep to feed my family. And I hear Sheepshead are good done right. I have a neighbor that will take any I catch and appreciates it. If the price of meat goes any higher who knows what we will be chomping on soon. Lots of squirrels here, for now! Hey honey, squirrel,,,, er I mean Rabbit tonight.

No offense iron maker... but keep in mind you are trying to get people to discuss the morals behind why this guy or anyone else would keep a trophy fish. A discussion about morals will bring out a lot of opinions. Now there's guys saying that sport fishing is a waste of time. Who in their right mind would even suggest such a thing? People who say things like that should have their opinion taken away. Then people who agree that fishing isn't a waste of time can comment on whether they agree on someone's decision to keep a legal catch. They should start a petition to ban people from eating any fish that is deemed morally wrong.