Whats the fish you have always wanted catch?

LostAnotherOne

There are lots of fish left to catch.

I want a roosterfish and a giant trevalley.

But I really want a jaws worthy great white and a grander marlin. ;)

I would love to catch a Giant Trevally. They are just beasts of a fish! That would be my fish on the top of my list.

I would love to catch a Giant Trevally.  They are just beasts of a fish!  That would be my fish on the top of my list.

Been researching some spots and found a good one.

Flights are a little spendy though.   :(

http://flywatertravel.com/destination/ChristmasIslandOutfitters

The video is a little long but it's worth the time. ;)

Been researching some spots and found a good one.

Flights are a little spendy though. :(

http://flywatertravel.com/destination/ChristmasIslandOutfitters

The video is a little long but it's worth the time. ;)

WGSF over 1 lb.

All I can say is wowza. I can see how you folks have that beast on the must catch list. When you say Giant it's a true giant. Almost like the travale I catch in Fla, about a 100 pounds difference is all.

WGSF over 1 lb.

Need to know what WGSF stands for Ron, thanks.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

All I can say is wowza. I can see how you folks have that beast on the must catch list. When you say Giant it's a true giant. Almost like the travale I catch in Fla, about a 100 pounds difference is all.

If you liked that vid. You'll like these even more.

Sick topwater bite!!!   :good:  :good: 

Haha mine outfished me too. That girl can bring up 4+ pound bass like they are sunfish.

Some people just have the knack for it I think, when we would go out with my grandmother I had no time to bait my own hook let alone get to the front of the boat to make a cast in between rigging up a leech or worm for her and/or landing a 2+ pound bass you name it ahaha. She doesn't like touching the bait so the joke was always that I would take my time rigging her up to give the others in the boat a chance to catch something lol

LOL! Worlds greatest sports fish, and the guy that caught them moved to PA and I can't remember his name! A.K.A Rock bass

Thanks Buckeye, I know I've seen that somewhere before, yea here. Got me.

Sick topwater bite!!! :good: :good:

Thank you Dave, more great giants of the sea, imagine on a top water, wowza again!!!!! It's nice for me to live vicariously through other lucky buggers. How many feet of ice up there? Heck it's December you must have been drilling holes for a few months now.

edit: I see the program here replaces s oh bee with buggers. To make a long story short, which is most difficult for me, the origin of that word is actually associated with the practice of sodomy dating back to the 13th century to disparage a group from Bulgaria that was in a war with the Pope and the Catholic church. That's funny, the word replacement not the 20,000 men women and children killed.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Some people just have the knack for it I think, when we would go out with my grandmother I had no time to bait my own hook let alone get to the front of the boat to make a cast in between rigging up a leech or worm for her and/or landing a 2+ pound bass you name it ahaha. She doesn't like touching the bait so the joke was always that I would take my time rigging her up to give the others in the boat a chance to catch something lol

My girlfriend was always cool with baiting her own hook but never wanted to take the fish off for fear of hurting it. This year, I finally had to teach (force) her to take her own fish off. I'd never get my line in the water otherwise.

Aha Jeremy84 that's okay! At least you got her to take it off, we are still working on my buddy's g/f and I dont think my grandmother is going to change now at 89... :P lol, I never minded baiting the hook or taking the fish off when we had people out anyways because it usually means we are catching something, and that in turn usually results in a good time lol

Sick topwater bite!!! :good: :good:

Those were awesome aha, but I think I need to get back into shape before I begin to think about taking on one of those GT's. I feel like I struggle enough trying to get a down-rigging rod out of the holder with a 25+ lbs Ontario King going for a run as is...Maybe I should spend $30 less on tackle this winter and buy a gym membership and some weights instead ahahaha....

fat chance.

My grandmother always used to drive us crazy, but in a good way. She was totally fine with baiting her own hook and taking off her own fish, but she had a 6th sense.

Their cottage was on the French. All of us guys would fish all of the far corners of the River, coming back later with an empty boat and freshly washed fishing lures. When we got back there would always be pike and walleye cooked and ready to eat on the table. And the conversation would always go the same way.

'Grandma, where did you get those fish? We ate it all last night'

'Oh, these? I caught them while you were out?'

'Where?!?'

'Just off the dock'.

Somehow she just knew. She would be sitting, watching tv or knitting and all of the sudden, she would get up, grab a fishing rod, not caring what was on it, throw a few casts off the dock and have something ready for dinner within 10-15 minutes. I'll never fully understand it, but that's what makes the story that much better.

A Simcoe ling cod. Of all the years I have fished this lake,I have yet to catch one. I hear there are guys out there that catch them, but I want to get one so I can make me a poor mans lobster.

I have caught large lakers,whities,smallies,buckets,perch and a 14 pound walleye out of the mouth of the notty.

I want a Simcoe ling cod.

darn Brian in the 70s out of Keswick the Americans used to take them home by the bushel, and we thought whata bunch of ... But then when I learned how they taste there was none to be found :( I did get one off of Oro and the CO wanted to take it to "test it" told him just some skin and I'll taste for you, they are good but you need a fair size one or a few small ones.

But back then herring and trout 'under the ice' was the game :)