Rogers, go to he double hockey sticks

Joey

Every time I try to watch something that I missed, I search for it on my Rogers box and then when I find it, the box shuts down and I have to wait about 5 minutes for it to come back on.

Any thoughts on if I should change to Bell? Are there any Bell happy customers on here?

If their cable service is anything like their cell service.... I would run far far away...

Sadly I'm locked into a contract... Only 22 payments to make... Ohhh and if you want a paper bill expect a 2.00 fee... A fee for the bill you are expected to pay... What a joke... I have to pay 2.00 just to get my bill.. Once my contract is done rogers will kiss my hairy big toe.

G

Okay, sigh, yes, I have to do the 20 sec unplug thing at least twice a week. Unfortunately I bought this box so really, it's not their's, it's mine now.

Freshtrax just sent me a PM with some info so I'll call him and see what I can do. Just frustrating is all. Paul's parent's had Bell up at the cottage and it worked in good weather, but when it rained or got windy, it would also go out, so not sure what to do.

Joey

Rogers is FAMOUS for there lousy hardware and software for that matter.....I have Rogers and the boxes have a mind of their own sometimes they work great other times they leave me frustrated and in the fetal position!!!!

Chances are when you signed up with rogers they gave old refurbished crap hardware!!!

IMHO they are both criminals...I prefer Shaw but that is not an option for me any-longer!

Rogers is FAMOUS for there lousy hardware and software for that matter.....I have Rogers and the boxes have a mind of their own sometimes they work great other times they leave me frustrated and in the fetal position!!!!

Chances are when you signed up with rogers they gave old refurbished crap hardware!!!

IMHO they are both criminals...I prefer Shaw but that is not an option for me any-longer!

Agreed, had Shaw when I lived in Calgary and never had an issue. The fetal position, you just made me laugh to tears :)

Okay, sigh, yes, I have to do the 20 sec unplug thing at least twice a week. Unfortunately I bought this box so really, it's not their's, it's mine now.

Freshtrax just sent me a PM with some info so I'll call him and see what I can do. Just frustrating is all. Paul's parent's had Bell up at the cottage and it worked in good weather, but when it rained or got windy, it would also go out, so not sure what to do.

Joey

I assume they had a dish. You can probably get Bell Fibe TV which doesn't require a dish.

You can probably get a free rental on a new box if you threaten to go with Bell.

I wish I could get bell fibe again! it was awesome when i had it, til I moved and its available at my new place, which is frustrating since it is available 10 doors down the street from me.

Im on a bell contract now, but looking to switch to somewhere else once its up. the price is just too high for what i have!

Every time I try to watch something that I missed, I search for it on my Rogers box and then when I find it, the box shuts down and I have to wait about 5 minutes for it to come back on.

Any thoughts on if I should change to Bell? Are there any Bell happy customers on here?

NO, NO. They have replaced 3 modems since May 15. They finally put one in that even the service guy asked how I got it! I was leaving . . .I had one "customer service guy" tell me to imput a new password which was a 38 digest number on the back of the modem, he learned some words they don't speak of.

Ifnyou can spare an hour or so phone them :)

Joey I was having the same issues with my Rogers boxes as well as my modem and wifi. After multiple exchanges, leading to even more frustration, I gave up and switched to Bell FIBE. So happy that I did! It's awesome, all boxes are wireless, all are HD, all can record and play back from the PVR that was included. My WIFI is blazing fast, and works everywhere in the house. And as a kicker, $25/month less than I was paying Rogers! Even the remotes are better lol.

Joey I was having the same issues with my Rogers boxes as well as my modem and wifi. After multiple exchanges, leading to even more frustration, I gave up and switched to Bell FIBE. So happy that I did! It's awesome, all boxes are wireless, all are HD, all can record and play back from the PVR that was included. My WIFI is blazing fast, and works everywhere in the house. And as a kicker, $25/month less than I was paying Rogers! Even the remotes are better lol.

Well that sounds good to me Pete, will have to call both and see who can outbid the other :)

stop paying those companies and put up a digital antenna. Free TV. Worth a try, some people in the city get 35 channels, all HD.

I bought a digital reciever box rig from Wally-World back in the spring and got nothing! I live only about a km from the CTV Barrie station with their HUGE antenna tower... Could that be the reason? And also the reason CTV2 is the only channel we get? My wife and I "cut the cord" about 18 months ago and haven't looked back. We subscribe to Netflix and run our laptop to the plasma screen. Wireless mouse and keyboard, a good anti virus and projectfreetv.com takes care of all our telly needs! :)

We subscribe to Netflix and run our laptop to the plasma screen.

We watch a lot of Netflix as well; brought the laptop with us on a trip down into the States. Logged onto Netflix and was very surprised at how much more choice in movies there was; compared to here at home.

Did some checking around and found a site called "unblock-Us"; there's a free one week trial offer on their site.

http://www.unblock-us.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_NX_Search_Beta_CAN&utm_content=no1&utm_term=unblock%20netflix&gclid=CjwKEAiA1-CjBRDOhIr_-vPDvQYSJAB48SmEqrs-SMHyduBS9HHReDT1gq_5H-ViJDBhX299tEmb3RoC1DPw_wcB

I guess that through them they change up your IP address to make Netflix think that you're in the States and they stream the US version to you.

There's probably a way to do this on your own; but it's only a couple bucks a month?

Dan.

I put up a FTA antenna last year in Toronto and get about 11 channels. All come in clear but don't have the content the wife wants.I'm gonna try and put it up on a tower in the back yard to get a clearer line of site to the CN tower and hopefuly get the 35 channels. Rogers sucks.

We watch a lot of Netflix as well; brought the laptop with us on a trip down into the States. Logged onto Netflix and was very surprised at how much more choice in movies there was; compared to here at home.

Did some checking around and found a site called "unblock-Us"; there's a free one week trial offer on their site.

http://www.unblock-us.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_NX_Search_Beta_CAN&utm_content=no1&utm_term=unblock%20netflix&gclid=CjwKEAiA1-CjBRDOhIr_-vPDvQYSJAB48SmEqrs-SMHyduBS9HHReDT1gq_5H-ViJDBhX299tEmb3RoC1DPw_wcB

I guess that through them they change up your IP address to make Netflix think that you're in the States and they stream the US version to you.

There's probably a way to do this on your own; but it's only a couple bucks a month?

Dan.

Can do the same thing to access the UK Netflix as well.