gas prices...wow

bow slayer

Good. A reality check for those that think our economy should rely too heavily on oil and oil movement. There should always be a hedge in place for when things don't go the way you expect them to. Hopefully this remains for a while (without dropping through the floor) and Ontario manufacturing, mining and transportation get a boost.

Watch your stocks and investments (mutual funds and stocks) if this continues. The TSX has been at an all time high and bullish for a while, and a correction would be natural. Time for me to place some of my higher risk investments into volitility shelters. I'll re-invest when things are lower.

Only 97.9 in Oshweken when I was there, thought it would be lower

I wouldn't pay $.097 per liter for any reserve gas as so many places out there have poor quality gas that makes my ATV and enduro run like crap. On top of that, I have native friends who have filled up at certain stations resulting in two trucks failing to even start and run on the stuff. Both trucks started and ran like tops immediately after being drained and topped up with good gas.

Anyways, this sudden drop in prices has me shaking my head as I am amazed by the number of people who think we're now getting "cheap" gas when in fact we're still paying far more than we should be.

Jack prices sky high for a while to get people use to paying the high price and make it seem normal, lower prices to make people think they're getting it really cheap, then jack prices even higher than the initial high price as people will think our current prices are dirt cheap. I guess they need to keep prices in the triple digits to justify spending all that money to update all those signs a few years back...

I'm still commuting on my enduro 35 minutes each way and will continue to do so until the cold is unbearable. $3/day for gas is great :D

I regularly get our fuel on the rez. Not a problem ever, but, and I repeat but, I have friends there and they tell me which ones to use and which to avoid. If I can buy anything for less as long as it isn't a federal offence and is not morally wrong and the quality is equal I will buy it. From Gas to green beans. Politics be damned.

For anyone that frequents the 6 Nations or New Credit reserves PM me and I will pass that info on.

Jack prices to $1.50 then drop it 25 cents and we are all jumping for joy like the little sheep we are. Up to 10 years or so a liter of gas was always 1 percent of the price of a barrel of oil. How they come up with what the cost of a liter of gas is now is far beyond me. Is there anyone here that could enlighten me somewhat as to how they come up with gas prices today or must one be a forensic accountant to know the formula?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Good. A reality check for those that think our economy should rely too heavily on oil and oil movement. There should always be a hedge in place for when things don't go the way you expect them to. Hopefully this remains for a while (without dropping through the floor) and Ontario manufacturing, mining and transportation get a boost.

Watch your stocks and investments (mutual funds and stocks) if this continues. The TSX has been at an all time high and bullish for a while, and a correction would be natural. Time for me to place some of my higher risk investments into volitility shelters. I'll re-invest when things are lower.

You're too late, the TSX is already down about 1000 points from the all time high of a few weeks ago.