My Trip to Little Vermillion

Whopper

Left on Friday the 18th and drove north to the Red Lake area in search of monster pike and some walleye for the table. Hooked up with a few other board members that I haven't met before and wasn't disappointed, great folks!

Arrived at the pick up point at Saturday at about 10 am

LittleVermillion2007003.jpg

Pilot, plane and the owner of the camp were waiting, it was my first time flying in a twin engine float plane.

LittleVermillion2007004.jpg

Holy crap what the hell is this stuff, drove through snow flurries from Vermillion Bay to Balmertown and yes it was cold.

LittleVermillion2007006.jpg

Up and away just a short 15-20 minute flight out

LittleVermillion2007010.jpg

Safe landing

LittleVermillion2007013.jpg

Got unloaded and hit the cabin to unpack and do some fishing. Ran in to our neighbors for the week. Great people these two and I don't personally know another women that would have fished in the conditions we fished in all week, hat's off to you Sandy (graftongirl). I can say this now because I'm out of Adams (reefhawg) reach, but he really needs to make her permanent :D Hope I don't offend any of the other female members.

LittleVermillion2007023.jpg

A eagle that we saw more than once during the week

LittleVermillion2007029.jpg

On your mark get set ....

LittleVermillion2007026.jpg

We have lift off

LittleVermillion2007041.jpg

Sees something

LittleVermillion2007033.jpg

Fly by pick up, witness this more than once during the week

LittleVermillion2007034.jpg

This is what I call dinning out

LittleVermillion2007040.jpg

My guide for the week, to those of you that might not know this gentleman, Connie Inman(TennesseeGuy), class act all the way and he can flat get in done, if it wasn't for him and JP Bushey (lipdip) I don't know if I would have made this trip. Thanks to both of you. Oh and by the way this is the type of guy Connie is, we were getting ready to eat one night the buzz around camp was that there was two people from another party that had not returned and it was almost dark with dense fog on the lake. Connie had a nice depth finder with GPS and did not hesitate to get up and go looking for them. Now visibility was less than 50 yards and he returned in just under an hour with the stranded fisherman, they were turned around and headed the wrong direction when he found them and brought them back safely, two happy campers that's for sure.

LittleVermillion2007054.jpg

The other two guys in our group, great people also!

LittleVermillion2007065.jpg

Ahhhhh dinner for four :D

LittleVermillion2007068.jpg

Dinner is served

LittleVermillion2007069.jpg

The weather wasn't very good all week, snowed the first day and the last day and rained everyday in between but we still caught fish and ate walleyes all week. The worst thing was the multiple fronts and the wind was brutal.

Part two to follow!

Whopper

Edited by Whopper

Nice Phil, great report, and Connie is indeed a class act all the way, none better. Have had the pleasure of being in the chat room by myself with him, great guy.

Am glad Adam and Sandy made it there OK. They pm'd me asking about the fire situation up here before they left, and gave them as much info as I could. Waiting for their report now, along with your "part deux".

Tom