boat loads crooked

skinny

boat is 17 ft glass trailer I think is easy loader with rollers

boat always loads crooked

there is no guides just pull on and hope it level if not back in try again

not so easy with just me or with my 10 year old

what can I do

Install side bunks on each side or verticle alignment posts. Can't remember the proper name. Can get them as an after market add on. I have side bumpers at the back of my trailer easy peesy for 1 person to get the boat on. I make sure I can see the center roller and line up the keel on it. Once centered the side bunks get the boat lined up perfectly. Once hooked on, depending how the angle of the ramp is, I might back up a foot and let the water below the boat take the weight then crank the winch with 1 hand.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Dont back it in any farther than the back rollers touching the water.

It should pull straight then.

Worked for my 24' every time.

Yes back rollers touching the water, no deeper and be sure the axle is level, had issues with rollers and the trailer being uneven side to side.

Your backing in too far.

S.

YES

Is there anyway of converting it to a bunk trailer? It,s only 17ft.

I hate roller trailers. You have to back it in the water before releasing the bow clasp. Waste of time IMO.

Just back it in,and pull out I say. Same as pulling out.

Edited by Misfish

YES

I hate roller trailers. You have to back it in the water before releasing the bow clasp. Waste of time IMO.

I've had both and I love my rollers... No wasted time in my opinion either... I'd put money on a put in take out race against bunks any day

I've had both and I love my rollers... No wasted time in my opinion either... I'd put money on a put in take out race against bunks any day

Not so much about time for me, I found with rollers I could launch as long as I could get the trailer wheels to the edge of the water with rollers. I took her ( 18 foot aluminum/V4 outboard ) off and on a few times dry getting into some Haliburton Lakes without a improved launch ramp, 2 speed winch helped too.

YES

Hop in the boat and release the bow clip once it's in the water. Same with putting it on the trailer. I didn't like rollers at first (always had bunks) but now I wouldn't trade it for anything. No one is ever waiting for me at the ramp (Which is a giant pet peeve of mine)

Also like everyone has already mentioned, if it's crooked, you're putting the trailer in too far. I get the rear rollers wet and that's it. Drive it up, leave the motor on, hook up the strap (plus safety chain), done.

Edited by BillM

I had the same problems when I first started with the bigger boat. I was going in too far as well. Now I don't get a toe wet. Never had a single problem since only going in as far as the front center roller. Another good tip for those with bunks was to back it in under the boat until the carpets on the bunks were wet then pull ahead again, slides better.

You will find your sweet spot, experience is a lifetime of mistakes.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I love rollers,but just putting in the last roller is not easy for me with a 3500 boat.I need to get the fenders under water to let loose,not wet. Loading yah, in the water fenders below water,just to heavy to bring out without at least half the boat on the trailer. The price you have to pay for a heavy boat .

I have bunk boards on a Ranger and it launches really well since I applied Liquid roller. I have to have it in the water before unhooking or it will slide off on the ramp. The issue with the rollers is they concentrate the pressure on the fiberglass and if you have a weak spot it will find it on the rough roads we sometimes go down.

Art