Invented a new drinking game

He spoke at the stelco fishing awards April 4th it was kinda tough to listen to him but I felt bad, he didn't have enough charisma to talk to 3-400 guys and retain their attention so he was having to talk over a huge hall of other people not even paying attention to him, tough.

How about this for a real drinking sport.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04/29/na0430-tjh-beermile/

I remember back well over 20 years ago watching a show that Italo and Henry were doing. And "wood" was the word of the day. Every now and then when myself or my brother gets hung up in, or has a fish run into, "the wood" we have a laugh.

A very old drinkin game we played years ago...

The Bob Newhart Show... you had to drink, every time someone on the show said "Bob"!

Also, "Barley Trek". Write down the names of all the characters in a particular Star Trek Episode, put them in a hat and have everyone involved, draw a name.

Kirk was the challenging one. A drink for each time someone on the show said "Captain". Two drinks for "Captain Kirk" and finish your bottle if you heard "Captain James T Kirk"!

A word to the wise, don't use the episode where there are two Captain Kirks!!!!!

HH

PS... re Italo. I met him at a Quinte Fishing Series tournament and he was a complete gentleman and had time for everyone. I may not like his TV style, but I can't say a bad thing about the man himself.

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Jeez, that was 15 years ago wasn't it? Time to get over it, no?

As much as I dislike how Italo talks to people and he isn't very exciting to watch, I do watch the show because he often fishes water that is close to home.

I watch the show, but he is a little quirky. Like when he puts the fish back in the net to release it, half the time the fish gets hung up in this net he so he starts shaking the thing the whole time stating how easy it is release a fish from the net. Or he'll say, "Barb, will you net this for me?", and of course she says, "sure", but I get the feeling she'd like to say, "net your own damn fish!!"

Honestly I was offended that the HAnk and Italo show was mired in poaching convictions at the time, but I watched them for years at the time, and enjoyed it then, other than all the look at the colors Bull etc. I'm over the whole poacher deal though I think. I agree he has "expertitus" when talking to people, and I can't say I watch a whole lot of fishing shows anymore (barely have time for regular shows) but I have watched a few YouTube clips, and it's not as bad as some shows on these days. The best one by far though is that kid with the uncut angling show on YouTube!

Never met him, but I've heard that in person he's a very nice guy. As far as annoying catch-phrases that are thrown out every couple of minutes, I defy anyone to give me the name of a fishing show host who DOESN'T have their own repetitive phrase. And the poaching thing? Yeah, it was a long time ago, he's paid his debt to society in money and public shame, move on. A long Rapala commercial? Most shows (all shows?) are long commercials for products, services, or travel destinations, they're just a little more subtle and/or sneaky about it. Yes, his demeanor can be a bit grating, and ending every message on his board with "God bless you" seems a bit over-the-top, as if he's still trying to assuage his guilt by calling upon a higher power. But I find his info to be simple and understandable (with a dingbat like me that's a necessity), and he's obviously doing something right or he wouldn't still be going. If you don't like him, don't watch, no point griping to everyone. If he was endorsing things that were flat-out wrong, illegal, or otherwise harmful, take him to task on that, but right now this seems like a non-issue to me.

Edited by Dave Bailey

Never met him, but I've heard that in person he's a very nice guy. As far as annoying catch-phrases that are thrown out every couple of minutes, I defy anyone to give me the name of a fishing show host who DOESN'T have their own repetitive phrase. And the poaching thing? Yeah, it was a long time ago, he's paid his debt to society in money and public shame, move on. A long Rapala commercial? Most shows (all shows?) are long commercials for products, services, or travel destinations, they're just a little more subtle and/or sneaky about it. Yes, his demeanor can be a bit grating, and ending every message on his board with "God bless you" seems a bit over-the-top, as if he's still trying to assuage his guilt by calling upon a higher power. But I find his info to be simple and understandable (with a dingbat like me that's a necessity), and he's obviously doing something right or he wouldn't still be going. If you don't like him, don't watch, no point griping to everyone. If he was endorsing things that were flat-out wrong, illegal, or otherwise harmful, take him to task on that, but right now this seems like a non-issue to me.

What he said

I met and talked to Italo a few times. Very nice guy.

Last summer Italo and Aaron Shirley were filming

a show on catfish on the Welland River. We talked for a bit, our dogs played together as I was unloading the canoe.

The past is the past.

Italo still has a good following, and due to him, I catch walleyes on

the river which I never have in the past.

I like the guy.

Edited by knightfisher