Perch Fest Report Mon.,Tues.

Fish Farmer

We managed to find them but it took some work and a little metal. We started the morning off trying to break trail on Smiths bay and got about half way to Orchard Pt. Ended up in 1' of ice and could go any farther so we had to admit defeat. We backed out of Smiths and launched at the narrows. We tried the Simcoe side and nada fish, so we went to Cooch and we found them after we broke trail in a few spots. First 5 mins. nothing then the perch found us. None stop action 1,2,3 at a time. We ended with 135 nice keepers. we must have released at least twice that many small ones. Tuesday we only fish for about 3 hours, rain and cold did us in, so we packed up and headed home. We'll be back Fri.,Sat.,Sun.

9_zps54c9a86c.jpg

2_zpsc12c91ce.jpg

3_zps870c4f8e.jpg

5_zps5b4e130c.jpg

10_zps63ca32a7.jpg

1_zps61668948.jpg

6_zps675e4640.jpg

8_zps68e92c42.jpg

Edited by Fish Farmer

How did the prop get like that?,ice?.You guys did very well!!

Smiths Bay ice did it 12" of ice.

Good on ya!

How many anglers entered this year? Any idea?

I talk to one of the organizers and he said about the same as last year.

Nice haul Dave.

Not so nice prop.

BTW,Nice foot wear. :whistling:

Your right Brian, should have had my boots on. Monday wasn't to bad.

Someone will appreciate you breaking the trail Dave!! The prop, that's another thing. How much does that make them perchies per pound...

If I thought about that Wayne I think I'd quit fishin :) It would scare me. :) Edited by Fish Farmer

I was out today, pretty cold wind coming off the ice from cooch, we didn't catch much out there. There must have been only a dozen or so boats out today, pretty sad... The three of us managed about 20 to commit in a couple hours, they all have lock jaw. A lot of guys didn't get much of anything today, Need some warmer weather.