If your odometer rolls 66,666.6 just before reaching...

irishfield

Yep..we caught fish. The boat is good luck in that regard. Hopefully we'll have it all straightened out before Lakair.

Could have been worse believe it or not...

The Temagami Marine Fishing "Pro" dropped his new 2007 - 1900 Pro-V in the water right behind us on Wednesday. With a total of 0.3 hours on it and it's 225 Optimax he shoaled it doing 61 MPH. Sheared about 75 rivet heads off the bottom and made the lower units bullet look like a peeled banana!

Wow! 61mph!? That's the same configuration I was planning on, that is some serious speed. Why would you open it up like that if you don't know the water???

Tony

Wow Wayne, that was a rough start to the boating season for you! But just think, now that all of the bad luck is out of the way you should have a fantasic year of fishing. I believe the good luck is coming to balance off all the cr@p you had to endure!

Good to hear you got into fish! (Or so you say, I'll have to see the pics to give the thumbs up! :whistling: )

Don't cause yourself too much grief as it's not good for the health!

Take care,

Stan

Well, they say bad luck comes in threes. Seems like you and Leah should be done. ;) I'm sure you'll get the boat figured out. Maybe you should switch careers and start building high end boats instead of planes? I'm sure there would be a market for a fine hand crafted piece of machinery/art for those folk "too thick in the wallet".

Your report was a sad story indeed. Sorry that you and Leah had to endure it. However, on a positive note, I'll be more able to face some difficulties myself after reading about how well you seemed to handle all those misfortunes. And although it's no solace, thanks for sharing about your new Lund. Be sure to let Lund know that there's a heck of a lot of people reading your posts.

Yep..we caught fish. The boat is good luck in that regard. Hopefully we'll have it all straightened out before Lakair.

Could have been worse believe it or not...

The Temagami Marine Fishing "Pro" dropped his new 2007 - 1900 Pro-V in the water right behind us on Wednesday. With a total of 0.3 hours on it and it's 225 Optimax he shoaled it doing 61 MPH. Sheared about 75 rivet heads off the bottom and made the lower units bullet look like a peeled banana!

Well, look at the bright side Wayne ... no cigarette burns or kiddy barf :) ... sorry to hear about your pains .. but you are sooooo right .. it could always be worse ... be thankful for the good side ... you got your boat ... it catches fish ... even under the 'cloud' .... once the cloud lifts she's gonna be a sweeeeeet purring fishin machine .. I just know it !

That was quite a trip for you Wayne, just think of it as getting an entire summer's worth of bad luck out of the way at once (maybe 2 summers if it was one of the really nice Canon's) I do hope your next trip goes much better for you.

RJ

Jeez, Wayne, it sounds like a Friday boat from Chrysler back in the 70's! You don't expect to hear that about Lund. I fact, that is the first time that I ever heard a complaint about Lund.

I'm with Ron, that your marina, especially if they know you well, should had done a better PDI job. You do after all pay for the service on top of the boat.

Just don't paint the boat bright yellow!

I hope that everything gets fixed up really quickly for you. I remember the excitment in your posts last winter about getting this new puppy!

You know, I hear stuff like this and I don't feel sorry for the manufacturing sector in North America. People are losing their jobs to places like China, Korea, Taiwan and the like because workers here have been spoiled for too long, great benefits good pay and NO QUALITY CONTROL!!! For God's sake, take pride in what you do! There is some underpriveleged person out there just waiting to scoop your job in a 3rd world country.

The workers at LUND should be ashamed of themselves. Wayne, you bought a $75k boat + options and taxes and it looks like it was put together by a blind monkey (no offence to our furry cousins)........that is freakin' emabarrasing. LUND had definitely better bend over backwards to address all of THEIR issues i)at no cost to you, and ii)give you a loaner boat in the meantime. Your marina should not be on the hook for this FOR THE MOST PART. They should have noticed some of the problems when they did their PDI. Come on, crooked guages!!!

Wayne, I feel for you. You must have had just an awesome trip, glasses, camera in the drink.......at least you caught some fish. Good luck with getting the boat fixed up to spec.

Geez Wayne. That all really sucks. Feel bad for you. Im sure the company's involved will make things right for you. Glad the odometer didnt turn until after you visited with me :whistling: . Did the pike hit one of the jigs I gave to you?

Lost both of your jigs to ROCK bass Bernie. I know where they are as well and will retrieve when the water's warmer!

Thanks everyone for your sympathy posts...all in all it's not that bad...it just could have went a whole lot better. All will be fixed and made right, that I know or I'll be driving the Limited Edition 2025 Pro-V around the lake for the summer. (that's already been offered for the interm)

Now out to the shop to figure out how to get these Pursuit tracks lashed down to the gunnels...

Edited by irishfield

wow....sorry to hear all that wayne,thats some awefull bad luck to happen to you,and you dont deserve this thats for sure,i hope everything works out for ya, try to keep cool.....make sure they know how mad you are,and all your hard earned money is at steak,they will get the drift real quick

Wayne,

Very disturbing when you spend that type of money and get that type of workmanship -- Lund should be making good and then some -- let us know how you make out.

In the end though, how many people would dig like you have to see how they are really put together -- precious few .... so I suspect Lund will only make good on those who do the digging.

Stuff like this really ticks me --even when you spend top buck for the best, there is no guarantee you are getting it ... I know in the end they will do right by you, but why the hell should you even have to go through the aggravation.

Take care,

- Mark

Sorry to hear about your grief Wayne, you should have come with us, you would have had just as bad a time. Looked for your boat at the dock when we stopped for fuel in Temagami, but didnt see it so we carried on. Breakfast with you would have been the best part of our trip.....