Storm is on the way--Are you ready for it???

npt1

With a storm warning issued by Enviroment Canada for some areas of Ontario tonight,

Are you ready to deal with it?

Tell us your hints and tips for a storm of this magnitude, high winds, heavy rain, possible power outages.

Be safe everyone.

npt1.

Was West bound on 48 last night about 6:30 just out side of Beaverton. Car kept riding my tail so I pulled over and let it pass me. About 5 km further up the road I passed her again but she was upside down in the ditch. Stopped long enough to make sure she wasn't hurt, got her into another car that had stopped and left. Quite a mess to drive in, couldn't believe the number of people that wouldn't dim their lights (until I hit my Hi beams). Saw a couple of other cars in ditches but no serious accidents gladly.

Hope all of you were safe out there!

Still breathing and the water here in Whitby hasn't gotten deeper than the soles of my shoes, yet. ;)

Talking to a friend working in Toronto this morning and he assures me the city is still there. I suggested to him we might want to gather up the meteorologists and throw them into the same garbage bin along with politicians and lawyers since they're just about as useful, or should I say useless. He suggested we send them to the moon instead. Good Idea, or so I though since the weather on the moon hasn't varied much since the beginning of time but knowing the track record and their penchant for the doom and gloom hype they like to create figured they would be hard pressed not to screw it up there as well.

Besides, has anyone noticed the price of fuel lately? Better order another bin.

Stay safe remember to put one foot in front of the other folks. After all Meteorologists don't work for mother nature, they just report on her daily works of wonder.

Edited by moxie

A bunch of pooled water here in my end of London. I slept through most of the storm.

That's until this one big clap of thunder and my 90lb basset hound decides he's coming to sleep with me. I should say on top of me and every once of that 90lbs was shaking like a leaf.

Dan.

My 'dirt/snow/ice' road to the highway is gonna be JUUUUNK!

I just drove the 1 1/2 miles in on my dirt road and it's as bad as it'll ever get. Even in 4x4 I was sliding sideways coming up the hills. Anyone with rear wheel drive may as well just park out on the hiway and wait for springtime to arrive.