Are you southerners prepared?

Bernie

I don't know if your area does this but here in Oshawa I get all the FREE salted sand that I want,at the city maintenance yard.People were lined up 10 deep filling their buckets..

vance

Sounds like a great deal, I get mine from a private company but it's only $7 for a 60 pound bag so it's not too bad.

If you are lucky the warm front we have here will push up North far enough to give you some relief. Today is short sleeves and 68F and Sunday record breaking 72F.

I hate Ice storms they are the one thing that really wreaks havoc down here.

Good luck Y'all

Art

Made it to the airport by 10:30 yesterday. Flight out was on time and we were at our NYC hotel by 3pm. It's 12 degrees C. Now if I could get someone to shovel the drive before we get home...

On it Rob,wheres the spare key?

OH WAIT

You said shovel. Im a snow blower kinda guy.LOL

Edited by Misfish

Well I was trying to sleep but all I can hear is tree branches cracking off, and splitting, then hitting the ground. We just lost power. We're getting pummeled here. It better let up soon or the neighbors willow tree is going down, it's hanging over so bad right now.

Wonder how long my laptop battery lasts :)

Walking can get tricky along with driving...

My grandaughter slipped on some ice at work (day-care) yesterday morning and did a real number on her leg (3 breaks) and ankle (dislocated)

attachicon.gifAndrea's X-ray.jpg

They should be operating on her this morning...

I pray she doesn't end up with a permanent limp...

Really sorry about your daughter. That looks terribly painful.

Sorry to hear about your grandaughter Norm. hope she gets well taken care of really quickly.

Thanks for posting that link Bernie, just had a good look at it, they are now reporting about 135,000 customers without power and expect more to come.

5:00 am and all is well here so far, we were/are all prepaired just in case though. I thought we might loose our internet because we are on wireless but it is still hanging in there.

Keep safe everyone.

Norm, did your grandaughter get her surgery yesterday? It looks like a nasty break. Hope it all goes well for her.

Here the weather is not good. Heavy snow everywhere. Right now it sounds like the hail will be coming through the skylights at any minute. The lights have dimmed a few times in the last couple of hours. Just J and I here and we don't have to go anywhere. All emergency stuff is ready for use. Jenny and big Bertha are both ready to be fired up. Lots of firewood inside. Expecting 15-30cm more snow today with 20-30mm rain for later this evening. We were going to do a lazy day with ribs in the slow cooker but I don't think the crock pot will be a good option for today.

Everyone stay safe and if you don't have to travel today,,,DON'T!

Lotsa freezing rain late yesterday and it looks like we got about 5" of ice pellets overnight and now were back into freezing rain just to add to the fun, but the power is still on.

Sposed to be decent tomorrow so I think I'll just wait till then before starting the cleanup.

We are lucky here its all rain and lots of it as my sump pump has been going on every 1/2 hour since 2am or so. Its not good for the early ice we have as I can imagine its going to get blown out from the creeks and rivers but its better then having the trees falling covered in ice.

Stay safe to everyone east of Chatham that is getting freezing rain

We lost power from about 2am to 6:30am, so far not to bad. Hopefully it stays on! My neighbours tree is halfway down across his driveway, and several neighbours have trees with limbs down. I am fortunate and have no trees over my house, they are all at the back of the lot. They are calling for more in our area, and if that happens we are going to have a lot more downed tree limbs!

I'm thinking there must be a lot more people without power by now.

I'm sitting here with a very $$$$ permanent generator and we haven't lost power yet. Darned near wish the power would go out for awhile so I could say it was worth the money to have it installed. :lol:

Lost power around 2 and came back on around 6am. Lots of ice and downed tree limbs. Just got internet back up. Lotsa scotch, beer, wine and food... and plenty of propane to cook if power goes out again...Supposedly tens of thousands without power in southern ontario for some time to come..

I'm sitting here with a very $$$$ permanent generator and we haven't lost power yet. Darned near wish the power would go out for awhile so I could say it was worth the money to have it installed. :lol:

LOL, I bought mine about 5 years ago when we went without power for 5 days. Haven't had to use it yet.

Finally got into the Hydro One site and the number of people without power is climbing rapidly, there is still time Lew :whistling:

Edited by Big Cliff

You two sound like a mortician trying to drum up business. lol The reports we are not getting are from the ones who are down already with no mobile internet capacity.

Hopefully everyone will ride out the storm with the least amount of damage.

Art