Stop shooting yourselves

Rod Caster

About 5 years ago at the #89 McDonalds heading to work on a Saturday,a couple guys had the biggest Moose I have ever seen.It was in the back of a full sized pick up truck,Head up against the cab with a rack I have yet to see again,all four legs and part of the legs sticking up from the box.The 8' box was far to short to fit him properly. The crowd around the truck was huge.Almost didn't seem real if you know what I mean.

What can you do in this case?.No way of covering this beast.

I'm a country boy born and raised.

It's a very common occurance to see dead game in the back of pick up trucks in plain site.

People in the area expect this sort of thing during hunting season. It draws a crowd, and most are congratulatory.

I'm with Brian on this one. I like to see it! Cuz I never have any luck myself!!!!

Ha! Very 'classless' thing to do apparently. Wouldnt want to offend any soccer moms drivin past!!

Yeah man because the entire reason you went out hunting is to show off your deer to the rest of the world while driving down the highway. 99% of guys don't do this, but when you've got an empty bed and a deer strapped to the back of your side by side on the trailer, you know those guys just LOVE the looks they get.. So much for respecting your quarry, let's hang it off the back of the truck for everyone to see how much of a badass hunter I am!

Those people are classless losers.

Edited by BillM

Yeah man because the entire reason you went out hunting is to show off your deer to the rest of the world while driving down the highway. 99% of guys don't do this, but when you've got an empty bed and a deer strapped to the back of your side by side on the trailer, you know those guys just LOVE the looks they get.. So much for respecting your quarry, let's hang it off the back of the truck for everyone to see how much of a badass hunter I am!

Those people are classless losers.

Wow take it easy man, I would have thought you would have been cool with that, I mean who cares? It's a leagally hunted deer/moose that's on the bed of a guys truck??? I for one have absolute no problem whatsoever when someone does this in transporting a fresh kill. Now if the deer's head was mounted on the front of the car for show, then we have a problem.

There used to be a time when you were required to have your big game displayed in plain view. Its whiners like bill that put a stop to it. Get over yourself man.....if I killed me a big bull moose you can bet I'd be putting it where everyone can see. Its part of our heritage as canadians, like it or not!

S.

Sometimes there's just no other option !!

OBJECTS IN FRONT OF MIRROR MAY APPEAR LARGER THAN THEY ARE

"super hard to draw a bow and shoot yourself(LOL),"

Want to bet, at around 8 years old this little citiot didn't realize that if the draw on the bow string is longer than the arrow is you can shoot yourself in the thumb. I put a dart tip on the end of the too short arrow! A nice rusty one. I don't know if the arrow sticking out of the back of my thumb hurt more or my Nana giving me a good belt upside the head.

I'm almost forgot that story, I just told my wife and the teenie, tiny scar, something she's never heard before, OK honey you can get up off the floor and stop laughing, it's not that funny.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

There used to be a time when you were required to have your big game displayed in plain view. Its whiners like bill that put a stop to it. Get over yourself man.....if I killed me a big bull moose you can bet I'd be putting it where everyone can see. Its part of our heritage as canadians, like it or not!

S.

There used to be a time when families were happy at the sight of another family scoring some healthy meat and congratulated them....

These days too many people think meat is made in the back of the grocery store instead of coming from an animal.

Edited by ch312

Cover it with clear plastic an put a price on it so the city people won't be offended.

Bahahaha...so true.

I don't see any issue with the carcass being uncovered in transport....Its better for keeping the meat cool anyway.

Its just food, and if people feel that by leaving the carcass uncovered is in someway "showing off" or arogant hen

I guess I'd be comfortable with people considering me arogant LOL...

Lifes to short to worry about that stuff...

I have no issue with it. I love driving back from a hunt and seeing others successful harvests.

Have you ever hunted in Michigan Brian. I had an invite down there to deer hunt and you wouldn't belive how those people display thier deer in the truck and drive up and down the street. One restaurant in Rose City has a deer pole in front for deer hunters to hang their deer. Sign says hang your deer on the pole and get a free Pizza.