Spoiled Long Weekend NF

So I'm outta shape and overweight but it just slows me down a little I'll eventually lose it. I've done it before and I'll do it again.WRONG I almost didn't get a chance to wet my line again, share hard hitting fish with my son listen to loons around the campfire with a cold beer after a fun day on some remote body of water. I'm typing this post from my hospital bed as I set here waiting till Tuesday morning for an angiogram and possible bypass surgery because I didn't stay on top of things. My long weekend is screwed, my long anticipated tour of Northern Ontario Speck rivers will have to be postponed for at least a year. I'm really angry at myself for letting things get this bad. Everyone if you can, get out and fish this weekend particular with friends and loved ones. As I've discovered life is to short.

Luckily you got your wake up call... many don't get the luxury!! My brother found himself in a similar position MS.. 100% blocked RCA, quint bypass, and the good thing out of all that.. he now walks 10KM a day without his heart rate rising at a speed I need a bike to keep up to him. My sister missed her call...

Get well soon, the fish will be still there and you'll have the energy of a bear to chase them further up stream with your lad!

That is indeed a wake up call. There will be other long weekends, you just get yourself better quick and start a new walking/exercise regime, with good eating habits. It can be done and you will feel so much better!!

Take care bud and hope you feel better soon!

Just seen this. Man your lucky you got to them. I was out after work this morning,thinking of our time that was to be last weekend. I had lots of frys biting. Lots of top water action,but no bigg,ns. I,ll be out again in the morning after work.

Heres some pics to keep ya going strong. Im sure you know the area.LOL

004-13_zpsa6048d4d.jpg

001-20_zps86ce0aac.jpg

003-22_zps3d6a7159.jpg

002-24_zps45f63996.jpg

Get well soon.

B

Sorry to hear about your weekend buddy, but glad you're alive, and glad you got your wake up call. My grandmother got her wake up call at 46... Then lived happier and healthier to almost 90.

Hope your recovery goes speedy and well my friend.

Hey M&S,

This is never what a person wants to hear. Just glad to hear it was caught on time, for it could have been a lot worse. Take care of yourself in the hospital this weekend and hope things turn around for you come Tuesday.

Thoughts are with you.

Cheers, Ron...

Thanks everyone for your good will. My cardiologist was able to do my angiogram on Sat morning and I'm out at home now. I had a stent placed in my LAD which had 90% blockage. I've got a clean bill of health otherwise and actually feel great. My card cat took longer than expected but I was awake for it all. Weird to feel a tickle in your chest and know it's someone working away in there(YEAH SCIENCE) My lesson is learned. And how! Never going to look back again in my life and say I should have been taking better care of myself. I hope to hit a local stream by Tuesday,can't drive before then because my truck is a standard and I'm not supposed to be doing much with my right arm. I hope everyone is out fishing or being with a loved one/doing something that makes life full. I can't thank everyone enough for their well wishes

Brad

PS Nurses are the best human beings on the planet. They are so kind and helpful despite working a 12 hr shift with a bunch of demanding sick people.They make me want to be a better person .