It's blimmin' freezin' guv.

limeyangler

This was our warning this morning in Timmins where I am currently working. It is a little balmier here than out your way but it is still a touch cool for my liking.

Alerts in effect for Timmins, ON

Wind Chill Warninglogo_environmentcanada_en.gif

Issued at 5:08 AM EST Thursday 24 January 2013

SUMMARY

Cold wind chill values of minus 40 to minus 50 this morning. A bitterly cold Arctic airmass has settled over Ontario. Temperatures of minus 30 to minus 35 degrees combined with winds of 15 to 20 km/h will result in extreme wind chill values of minus 40 to minus 50 this morning. Conditions will improve later today as winds diminish and temperatures rise with daytime heating. Extreme caution is advised if outdoors. Frostbite and hypothermia can occur within minutes if adequate precautions are not taken when outdoors.

Ya first real cold snap we've had like this in a few years, we've been spoiled. My dad use to tell me it was -60 when he walked to the one room unheated school uphill with only one boot. ahh the good ole days.

So were in better shape than that,,, they cancelled the buses here for the second day in a row, with exams supposed to be starting tomorrow.

Ya first real cold snap we've had like this in a few years, we've been spoiled. My dad use to tell me it was -60 when he walked to the one room unheated school uphill with only one boot. ahh the good ole days.

So were in better shape than that,,, they cancelled the buses here for the second day in a row, with exams supposed to be starting tomorrow.

We definitely have been spoiled, when we first moved here this was normal.......the last 3 years have been insane here...in the boat first week of April......+25C in March......no snow till December....crazy weather.

This was our warning this morning in Timmins where I am currently working. It is a little balmier here than out your way but it is still a touch cool for my liking.

Alerts in effect for Timmins, ON

Wind Chill Warning logo_environmentcanada_en.gif

Issued at 5:08 AM EST Thursday 24 January 2013

SUMMARY

Cold wind chill values of minus 40 to minus 50 this morning. A bitterly cold Arctic airmass has settled over Ontario. Temperatures of minus 30 to minus 35 degrees combined with winds of 15 to 20 km/h will result in extreme wind chill values of minus 40 to minus 50 this morning. Conditions will improve later today as winds diminish and temperatures rise with daytime heating. Extreme caution is advised if outdoors. Frostbite and hypothermia can occur within minutes if adequate precautions are not taken when outdoors.

Yikes! That will get the ice going down there! We are lucky here....at least there is no wind today....all school buses cancelled though.

Looks just like thermometer Simon. These temps are starting to get a little old.

Very old. Its messing up fishing....thats for sure!

and that probably warmed up a bit as the sun is already up ....

Yup...its actually now a balmy -31C at 10am!

That'll put hair on yer chest like barb wire!

Brrrrrrr....

HH

and nipples like bullets!