Finding Bigfoot

ehg

Seems that there is a lot of sightings of Bigfoot in the United States. This show has a crew going around too town meetings in Kentucky, Michigan, Illinois, New Jersey, etc... where hundreds of people are speaking of their encounters with some big hairy beast. The crew would then go to sighting locations and try to locate or entice a Sasquatch into showing itself. Usually it would be a small patch of woods at the end of some farmers field. The experts would declare the area as having a 'squatchy' feel. They would do yells or bang sticks on trees hoping for a reply. Sometimes they would hear something afterwards like a coyote or something and get excited and declare "thats a 'squatch"

It's funny how money is infested in this but makes me wonder if anyone has been creeped out by something in our truly vast wilderness here in Ontario. I remember being in Algonquin many years ago with a gf and heard the freakiest calls and such. Turned out to be a Barred Owl. Heard a huge crash and thud in forest near tent but turned out to be a tree falling. Anyone have a 'squatchy story. Thought folks here might due to being out in the woods hunting and fishing a lot.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_county_reports.asp?state=ca-on

Back in August of 2006, I was paddling along the shoreline of one small lake in Algonquin Park and could’ve sworn I saw bigfoot. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a portly and quite hairy dude celebrating his 45th birthday in his birthday suit...I knew something wasn’t right when he asked me how my day went...I probably should’ve taken notice of the can of Heineken that he was drinking before paddling closer to investigate... :(

Back in August of 2006, I was paddling along the shoreline of one small lake in Algonquin Park and could’ve sworn I saw bigfoot. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a portly and quite hairy dude celebrating his 45th birthday in his birthday suit...I knew something wasn’t right when he asked me how my day went...I probably should’ve taken notice of the can of Heineken that he was drinking before paddling closer to investigate... :(

Now we know who can`t keep a secret around here!!! :rofl2:

Same with that drunken slug Tickle on the Moonshiners, you'd almost swear that the THIS PART DELETED SINCE YOU COULDNT but I didn't say that, the computer just sucked it outa my head and won't let me delete it.

Edited by aplumma
helping out a bud

Same with that drunken slug Tickle on the Moonshiners, you'd almost swear that the further south you go the IQ gets lower too, but I didn't say that, the computer just sucked it outa my head and won't let me delete it.

hangin around in your overalls all day, some target practice before lunch, a little banjo playin after lunch, a couple shots of moonshine to take the edge off.......and in between, cookin up some mash to make a buck. Makes ya kinda wonder, whos the dummy?

Deep in AP, in the early morning I once heard a very large animal running through the bush, crashing trees and making panicy barking/growling sounds as it ran. Never saw it or heard it after that. I figure it was s a bear, but it sure got me thinking.....maybe a... sasq...u ..atch....??whistling.gif

That is a traumatic and scary story. You are lucky to get away.

Lots of strange creatures up in the north as well. :Gonefishing:

Deep in AP, in the early morning I once heard a very large animal running through the bush, crashing trees and making panicy barking/growling sounds as it ran. Never saw it or heard it after that. I figure it was s a bear, but it sure got me thinking.....maybe a... sasq...u ..atch....??whistling.gif

Bet more people share that experience more than they care to admit. :canadian:

that show is a joke, but I still watch it...everybody has their endulgances ha

I have a friend who claims he had a bigfoot encounter, has a few pictures on his iphone and of course all crappy pics, but swears it was not a bear

my creepy most memorable experiences are:

I found a very fresh fawn carcass in a tree while steelheading an erie trib one fall, very fresh as in blood still dripping

I rowed my pontoon boat to shore to fire out a duke...it was a late spring morning, cold air but sunny and I had found an unusually comfortable seat over a downed tree, sitting in the sun, life was good and needless to say I was making the most of the moment, it's a pain in the ass to row to shore and strip down waders......after a few minutes of joy, I happened to look over and sitting on his ass about 40 yds away was a black wolf, staring at me with that stupid look dogs give you

we made direct eye contact for about 5 seconds and then I decided to wrap things up asap...as I paddled out from shore, not even past the reeds along shore yet, the wolf came running in, a couple of sniffs and then ate it all up right in front of me, looked straight at me and then ran off

I love the documentries that pose the question in a very serious way at the begining and finish with." While we have not been able to find a shred of evidence that supports this outlandish claim we still spend a lot of money proving nothing" (in your best Robin Leech Voice)

I have had lots of things that go bump in the night adventures but they all had an explanation that someone else explained to me. The fun of it is whether or not you believe them.

Art

Bet more people share that experience more than they care to admit. :canadian:

First time I was ever camping alone and I was woken by a ridiculously large animal around my tent and campsite. After realizing it wasn't going away any time soon I decided to unzip and take a look. Those two racoons never knew what hit them when I threw my boot at 'em. :oops:

Now we know who can`t keep a secret around here!!! :rofl2:

It’s more of a public service to those that are on the hunt for bigfoot...Take note, not all things that are bi-pedal, large, hairy and naked are sasquatches... :(