Do you use a transom saver/outboard motor support?

hooked!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at a new aluminum boat that will have a 4 stroke merc 115hp outboard on it. Just wondering if I should purchase a transom saver/motor support for trailering it? I plan to keep it at a marina for the season, so I likely won't be trailering that often, and when I do, it won't be a long distance. Any thoughts or advice?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at a new aluminum boat that will have a 4 stroke merc 115hp outboard on it. Just wondering if I should purchase a transom saver/motor support for trailering it? I plan to keep it at a marina for the season, so I likely won't be trailering that often, and when I do, it won't be a long distance. Any thoughts or advice?

Yes.

People freak out when you hold a big Walleye/Pike/Musky up without supporting the weight because it damages the gills........engine's weigh a LITTLE more than that, so imagine what "damage" it can do to a transom if not properly secured....

When you're talking thousands of dollars to repair a ripped off transom/engine... better safe than sorry!