24 Hrs in Brook Trout Heaven Rewarded Me With A Monster!!!

Ever since the first day that I met my buddy Bass over 8 years ago, he's been telling me that we need to go fish in a certain neck of the woods where there are legends of snapped lines due to 6-8 pound brookies. Yeah, o.k, is what I'd tell him, I'll believe it when I see it.

IMG_8447.jpg

After Bass' buddy (who had the towing vehicle and a 14 foot boat) cancelled on us last minute, we threw my 12' tinny in the back of Bass' cargo van and headed north to big brookie territory.

IMG_8477.jpg

Nothing was going to stop us from arriving at our destination, even rough, narrow, almost washed out quad roads weren't enough to deter us.

IMG_8478.jpg

We were on the water at 6am and eager to slay some giants.

IMG_8452.jpg

Once it was all said and done, we boated a dozen brookies and nothing was under 2 pounds. Most of them were between 16-18 inches with one 19.5'', one 20'' and one giant 23 incher.

IMG_8460.jpg

Bass started things out with a nice 18.5'' speck.

IMG_8389.jpg

Check out this football. The first 3 brookies that Bass hooked into had another jealous trout following up to the surface. At one point, I didn't know which fish to net. :lol:

IMG_8406.jpg

After a couple of lost fish, I finally got into some action.

IMG_8462.jpg

Here's Bass with his biggest of this heavenly trip, a sweet 20'' brookie.

IMG_8465.jpg

The evening bite was nothing short of spectacular. After this one was released, I had no idea what was coming up next...

IMG_8446.jpg

After a long and stressful fight, I finally had her in my hands: 23 inches in length, 15 inches in girth = 6 pounds of beauty. A personal best brookie that is easily the most impressive trout I have ever caught.

IMG_8435.jpg

For over 20 years now, I've been hiking mountains and walking through thick bush to find remote lakes in the hopes of catching that elusive trophy brook trout. I can now proudly say that the search is over and I finally found what I was looking for... the fish of my life.

IMG_8428.jpg

Fantastic!! They look like Quebec trout. You'd better take that spot to your grave. I'd be curious to know how many "I wanna be your friend" messages you get. :D Thanks for sharing those. Very nice indeed.