You ever have one of those days?

Big Cliff

Wife decides that this weekend we have a "FEW" things to get done around here. Opening weekend is coming up and a good fishing buddy is planning to come up so I figure, "work this weekend" fish the next couple.

Well, the TV in the basement has to be moved up stairs to the living room, the TV in the living room has to be moved to the craft room, the TV in the craft room has to be moved to the basement. We had a water leak last year, need to do some fix ups. Need to get some stuff for the gardens.

Oh you think that is it? Wait, there is more; the cabnet in the basement has to be moved to the bedroom, the (whatever you call it) in the downstairs bathroom has to be moved to the upstairs laundry room. The TV in the craft room now has to be mounted on the wall, why? Well, it just makes sense! Then there are the holes in the wall that have to be filled, others that have to be drilled, and to top it all off, when I tried to put the new brackets on the TV in the craft room, wouldn't you know it, I cracked the screen! Now I need a new flat screen TV for Sue's craft room.

Now, I have just put in a 42.5 hour week at work, spent most of Saturday busting my ass to try to get things done around here. Spent most of today trying to get things done around here, ended up needing a new TV, and thinking who is smarter, the people that sit and collect wellfair or me?

No, it doesn't end there, there is more! Sue is taking care of the neighbours cat while they are away for a week. So, for the last three days she hasn't seen the cat but she can hear it crying. So today I go down to see if I can find the cat because Sue is worried. Dropped my $40.00 flashlight and watched it roll down the stairs and seperate as it bounced off the concrete at the bottom. Never did find the stupid cat and spent close to two hours searching. Flashlight is toast!

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!

Unless you can top this, I don't ever want to read another rant on this board!

I smashed my thumb with the hammer on friday, putting up nails in the garden shed for new garden tools.

Saturday it was throbbing so bad, i got out my dremel with a diamond bit on it. Someone told me to drill a hole to let out the pressure.It worked, the blood spurt out, hit me in the eye, i dropped the dremel.It hit the maple kitchen table going 16000,did a pirouette in the wood and landed on the cushion floor where it carved a nice deisgn in it.wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

I went down to Home Depot 1st thing this morning to pick up some stuff and then spent all day working outside.

I accomplished alot, never got hurt or broke anything and feel like a million bucks.

It was a wonderful day :thumbsup_anim:

I smashed my thumb with the hammer on friday, putting up nails in the garden shed for new garden tools.

Saturday it was throbbing so bad, i got out my dremel with a diamond bit on it. Someone told me to drill a hole to let out the pressure.It worked, the blood spurt out, hit me in the eye, i dropped the dremel.It hit the maple kitchen table going 16000,did a pirouette in the wood and landed on the cushion floor where it carved a nice deisgn in it.wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

That's got to be a close second LOL! :thumbsup_anim:

OUCH !!!

I just got back from 'The Manly Weekend'. We lounged, drank Glenlivit XXV, smoked a variety of fine Cubans, ate like kings, watched hockey, baseball and Ellen. Played poker won $$$$. Played euchre, won more $$$. It was exhausting!!

That said, 'you know who' doesn't want the 32" Sharp Auqous in the laundry spa?? So you are welcome to it. Sorry, can't help with the flashlight though :whistling:

Jacques....I near pizzed myself reading that.

Cheers

Craig

gee, some of you guys were busy today, me i went fishing for an hour, rode my quad for 1/2 hour and this is the first posting i've read since i woke up from my 2 hour power nap, you guys are wearing me out. LOL

I went to Port Hope with two friends (not to fish) to see a very good friend/teacher from my typesetting days.

He was so happy to see us. We brought homemade goodies to snak on had a bottle of red and just hung out.

It's great to know that I've had these friends and more than 40+ years.

Don't worry Cliff, she shouldn't do crafts with the TV on!

Well I was lucky enough to troll Lake Ontario all weekend but through the week I ended up in the hospital getting cardio-verted and spent a month in the hospital in December/ January from complications of a surgery to fix my heart problem lol.

Wasn't the best week with all that but ended great.

OUCH !!!

I just got back from 'The Manly Weekend'. We lounged, drank Glenlivit XXV, smoked a variety of fine Cubans, ate like kings, watched hockey, baseball and Ellen. Played poker won $$$$. Played euchre, won more $$$. It was exhausting!!

That said, 'you know who' doesn't want the 32" Sharp Auqous in the laundry spa?? So you are welcome to it. Sorry, can't help with the flashlight though :whistling:

And to think I used to like you............. :lol:

Wife decides that this weekend we have a "FEW" things to get done around here. Opening weekend is coming up and a good fishing buddy is planning to come up so I figure, "work this weekend" fish the next couple.

Well, the TV in the basement has to be moved up stairs to the living room, the TV in the living room has to be moved to the craft room, the TV in the craft room has to be moved to the basement. We had a water leak last year, need to do some fix ups. Need to get some stuff for the gardens.

Oh you think that is it? Wait, there is more; the cabnet in the basement has to be moved to the bedroom, the (whatever you call it) in the downstairs bathroom has to be moved to the upstairs laundry room. The TV in the craft room now has to be mounted on the wall, why? Well, it just makes sense! Then there are the holes in the wall that have to be filled, others that have to be drilled, and to top it all off, when I tried to put the new brackets on the TV in the craft room, wouldn't you know it, I cracked the screen! Now I need a new flat screen TV for Sue's craft room.

Now, I have just put in a 42.5 hour week at work, spent most of Saturday busting my ass to try to get things done around here. Spent most of today trying to get things done around here, ended up needing a new TV, and thinking who is smarter, the people that sit and collect wellfair or me?

No, it doesn't end there, there is more! Sue is taking care of the neighbours cat while they are away for a week. So, for the last three days she hasn't seen the cat but she can hear it crying. So today I go down to see if I can find the cat because Sue is worried. Dropped my $40.00 flashlight and watched it roll down the stairs and seperate as it bounced off the concrete at the bottom. Never did find the stupid cat and spent close to two hours searching. Flashlight is toast!

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!

Unless you can top this, I don't ever want to read another rant on this board!

Jeez Cliff, you're going to make all the single folk here think that women run married guy's lives.

Oh... wait. I just realized what I said. Forget I said anything.