Went fishin with Two Frenchies this weekend

Joey

So we have been trying to have the stars align and get Roy down to Niagara with us for some time now and the stars finally aligned this weekend. This was also the first test drive with our new puppy Ralphie in the boat too. The two Frenchies behaved themselves very well :thumbsup_anim:

Roy arrived at our place Thursday late and we had a good gab session and then hit the hay sometime around 1 a.m. Got up Good Friday and packed the truck and off we went. As most have already read, we stopped at Spiel's house first on the way down for a visit and he graciously picked us up some roe and minnows at Fishing World as from previous years' experience showed us, they are not open Good Friday.

We arrived there about 1 or 2 ish and Spiel and Julie had a nice spread of fresh veggies and some meats and dip. Just what we needed to keep our strength up for the long weekend. Thanks so very much Chris and Julie, for getting the bait and the munchies and the great company. Dave (Fishfarmer) was there, and Don and Ruth came by to say hello aswell :thumbsup_anim: Nice seeing you guys, it has been a long time.

So after that nice visit, we headed off to the Inn for some relaxation before the weekend of fishing.

The dog and the other frenchie fell asleep after Spiel's and woke up just as we arrived :lol:

6915219780_d10a6bd5dc_b.jpg

6915221332_aa3743c2e6_b.jpg

We got a nice room and unpacked and relaxed for the evening. We were going to order in but apparently there is no delivery there so we ordered some great food from the Old Firehall Restaurant just down the street and picked it up. Good stuff. Then got a good night's sleep ready for a day of fishing. Couple shots from the night.

7058669719_daa7cc23de_b.jpg

7058674701_048bb3a3db_b.jpg

6915087258_9a89c182c0_b.jpg

6915084320_be7ed5305e_b.jpg

7061174135_7ab07251ef_b.jpg

7061179213_c5f59a1662_b.jpg

Ralphie just LOVED this fireplace and parked his behind there most of the time :thumbsup_anim:

6915103204_631aef14a2_b.jpg

The weather was great. A bit chilly in the morning but I was able to strip down to just a sweatshirt by mid morning. Water was clear and we did the drift for several hours before Ralphie pooped out and the guys dropped me off at the dock so I could walk back to the Inn and have a snooze with Ralphie :good: They continued to fish the rest of the afternoon but there were no takers.

7061228739_a957483d1f_b.jpg

6915126772_5cb49b2be8_b.jpg

7061203475_fbf26ea243_b.jpg

6912606714_6cf489b9b9_b.jpg

7058681401_a18b85f7e4_b.jpg

6912604500_64e8138275_b.jpg

Sunday the guys got up bright and ugly and headed out for another fish. I opted to sleep in with the dog and dreamt of catching fish :lol: They didn't bring a watch with them and I was surprised to see them at 9 a.m. back at the Inn. Check out is at 11 and they figured for sure it was 11 and were disappointed they could have fished for two more hours. Anyhow, Roy managed to catch a nice rainbow and that's what our mission was all about. We packed up and headed home for some take out Chinese food and a good snooze. Roy left this morning for the long drive back to Quebec.

7058693939_f5dcfb758f_b.jpg

It was great having you with us this weekend hun and I'm so glad you finally caught a Niagara Bow :thumbsup_anim: Hope you had a safe drive this morning and can't wait to do this again.

Cheers all,

Joey

Edited by Joey

Dang Roy, I think that is only second time I have seen you without the hat!

Great stuff guys, glad a great time was had by all. Sorry I couldn't get to say hi.

Edited by John

Personally, I don't care what they call it but it IS an engine. :) I had a fantastic time, a wonderful drive up and back and in between the two drives, met and re-met some great friends. Paul, Joey, Spiel, Julie, Don, Ruth and Dave are all people that I would like to see more often but, we do what we can.

A 3-way swivel, No.6 walleye hook with a small chartreuse roe sac and a 1oz pencil weight did the job and Paul kept me over the fish. I was really surprised at the acrobatic antics of these fish.

Thank you everyone.

Great seeing you guys again, I could have talked to you all afternoon. I'm glad Roy got a fish. :good: I know theres some Brown's out there with your name on them Roy, maybe next time bud. Would have been nice if we all could have meet up in Dalhousie. Chris and myself and you guys in boats, maybe a few other OFC'ers, a mini Fishin-greet.

Nice bow Roy. Good to see you guys getting Roy out :) Your photos and write-up are always a joy to view Joey!

Didn't Spiel give you guys my number? I wouldn't have minded giving you some info. It was a tough bite, especially on the ON side. We didn't get one bite on the ON side, and we tried.

Great report Joey!! Looks like you guys had fun on your little fishing getaway. The Old Firehall is a great spot and you brought back a lot of memories. I used to go golfing down that way and ended off the day with dinner there many a time.

Roy, nice Bow bud!!