opinions needed

vinnimon

A few know my situation and I need advice for this poor cat. KC(kacey) belongs to the to EX, she has had him before we met. She left 5 months ago and i asked her to take her cat. I was strictly told that he is for our girls. Funny thing, she had kc before ive even met the ex. My major delema is this he is a great cat, poops and eats to much, fit and very tame., major problem is that he is declawed on his front paws. If he wasnt I would bring him too work in a heart beat.

The other delema is that the EX after 5 months hasnt done anything for him. I can take care of him, but hes not mine nor do i want a cat either.

Any suggestions that wont break my girls hearts?

Another tough and stern choice I need to make,a good home would be prefereable.

Do your girls have friends who could take the cat in ? This way they would still have visits with Kacey. Perhaps float a balloon and see what your girls would say if you suggested you couldn't take care of the cat anymore. This might put the ball back in the ex's court but this might be too much of a game to play though and may not be something you want to contemplate tbh. Hope it all works out for you and your girls...and for the cat.

Tough call for sure!

Taking it to work might be a good option depending what conditions are like at work. When I worked in a small engine shop we adopted a cat that someone had dropped of along the highway. That cat loved being in the shop with us and up until we got him we had a lot of problems with mice.

The cat fit right in perfectly, got to be everyones pet and sure solved the mouse problem for us. I guess it was a win win for everyone except the mice!

Good luck with your decision!

We had the same thing a few months back with one of our cats and here's what we did. Gave the cat to an aquaintance. Once the kids noticed (next day!)we told them that he had gone to live with a friend because she really needed a good cat like him, but that we could visit any time they wanted. After a couple of times of stalling, we then did go visit him. Go figure, the new owner was allergic so we took him back after a few weeks. Wife put him on kijiji, found a new owner, and we asked that person if we could come visit once in a while. New owner said that was fine (who would deprive a kid!). We actually lost her contact info in the meantime, but the kids don't bring it up too often about going to visit (once every couple of weeks?) and when they do my wife is pretty good at distracting them. We do give the kids "updates" every once in a while about how much patches loves his new home. It has gone far better than we would have guessed, because they know they can go visit...and we would have done it by now had we not lost her info!

Vinny... please take this as constructive...

Keep the cat for the sake of you`re children... if you`re ex is this shallow to hell with her... but do not deprive you`re kids of the joy they recieve from the cat.... just because you have emotional ties to you`re ex.... and it seems this cat is you`re last remaining tie to the ex... (other then the kids ofcourse...)

If the new GF is the reason for you questioning on keeping said cat... well again think of you`re children and their affection towards this animal. The kids come first, you`re romantic life second...

I say keep the cat, please you`re kids.. be the better person.. and really, how much does it cost to feed and house a cat anyways... I am certain it is ALOT less then a dog... but the fact you kept the cat, you`re kids will thank you for in the endand it shows them responsibility. Pets are NOT disposable products. Be the bigger man.

Simple as that.

G.

Edited by Gerritt

Vin dude I cant help you , 3 years ago my second oldest son moved in his than girl friend soon to be wife , badabomb badabing , she leaves and we now have a cat ???? He leaves and marrys his new friend , they have been together now 2 years ,wish them well, but STILL I HAVE A CAT !!! , wife says cat is not much trouble calm down , ya untill who cleans the shitt$$ oh no its litter box !!Now youngest son has moved in his soon to be wife , guess what , YA SHE BRINGS A CAT, IM NOW THE UNPROUD OWNER OF TWO OF THESE PESTS !!!!! . What can I say if its good for the children , we are the bigger people , leave it at that "cats dont live in your life forever, children DO "... and I have two huge dogs wife dont complain too much about them ,soo its "damn whats that smell", time to clean the cats st** , WHY ME ...

Edited by capt bruce

Exactly Gerritt!

The kids need stability to thrive... you and your ex spliting will cause a ripple in their life. Getting rid of the cat could cause even more grief in their world... show your kids that they're happiness is the most important thing to you and your kids will value that.

HH

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i would tell your kids that you will keep the cat but they have to take care of it. an opportunity to teach them responsibilities and you don't have to look like the bad guy by sending the cat away.

Vinny... please take this as constructive...

Keep the cat for the sake of you`re children... if you`re ex is this shallow to hell with her... but do not deprive you`re kids of the joy they recieve from the cat.... just because you have emotional ties to you`re ex.... and it seems this cat is you`re last remaining tie to the ex... (other then the kids ofcourse...)

If the new GF is the reason for you questioning on keeping said cat... well again think of you`re children and their affection towards this animal. The kids come first, you`re romantic life second...

I say keep the cat, please you`re kids.. be the better person.. and really, how much does it cost to feed and house a cat anyways... I am certain it is ALOT less then a dog... but the fact you kept the cat, you`re kids will thank you for in the endand it shows them responsibility. Pets are NOT disposable products. Be the bigger man.

Simple as that.

G.

I'm going to agree with this

hey check with the girls see how truly attached they are to the cat. You may find it's not supper deep. AlsoI agree that if it's kept because they want it it should be their job to care for it.

if it is to leave maybe try to find a friend close by to take the cat so it could be visited

I bet in short time if it's not in the house they won't be bothered with visits but I think the girls need to make the decision

My wife had a cat when I met her. It hated me. Since it's passed now we have another cat that is much friendlier to me.

On thing I have learned over these years is you only need to feed and clean the litter box. You don't actually take care of a cat. It's the cat that decides to stay with you and allow you to do those 2 jobs.

It'll grow on you Vin and soon it'll be your cat

Edited by Fang

2 words Vin.....Musky and Baitwhistling.gif

You know me well emough to know i'm kidding. seriously, cats are pretty independant, so keep it, and show it a picture of your ex, then slap it. After a couple of weeks of this, drop it off at her place and run like crazydevil.gif

I agree with Gerritt. Just keep the cat..

Now here is the main thing, if she has agreed to leave the cat with you. Get her to sign the cat over to you.

I know, your thinking what the hell. Sometimes out of the blue people get revenge for what ever reason and use the animal as a wedge.

take care

Thank you all for your input, it truly is a heart breaking decision by all means.My youngest daughter truly loves kc ,and it would break my heart to see her sad because of my decision. Gerritt put it best, a pet is not a disposible product. He is part of the family in the truest sense. He is aprox 13yrs old, there is no sense in tramatizing him into a new life style.

I guess im stuck with him :)

As for my GF :( What a wonderful gal that I over whelmed:(:wallbash:

ps I did receive the pms:good:

Thank you all for your input, it truly is a heart breaking decision by all means.My youngest daughter truly loves kc ,and it would break my heart to see her sad because of my decision. Gerritt put it best, a pet is not a disposible product. He is part of the family in the truest sense. He is aprox 13yrs old, there is no sense in tramatizing him into a new life style.

I guess im stuck with him :)

:thumbsup_anim: