OMG....my cats are gonna hate me! NF

limeyangler

Hi all,

As some of you may remember my old time cat of 20 years passed away last month. I had always said that we would get a dog as soon as we had only 2 cats.

Well we chose this little choc Labrador this week. My son has already told us his name is Roloff...dont know where he pulled that name from...but its as good as any.

CUTE LITTLE DEVIL

389350_2324889775546_1648699456_2170317_1249005733_n.jpg

UPDATED PICS AND VIDEO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wINKIxBYHws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

Edited by limeyangler

Awesome Simon. Jack will grow up with him and love him. Nothing like a new puppy for a young boy.

On another note, I'll be working at the new OPP station in Dryden for about 8 months or so, starting in a couple of weeks. That should give me plenty of time to cash in on the lunch that you owe me.

Talk to you soon Bud...

Thanks for the replies guys....i'm just heading out to give the puppy a new collar...we are due to have Roloff home by December 10th.

I'll have a couple of pics in about 2 hrs to add.

That is one cute puppy.

:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Skeets...we like him a little bit too.

Simon,that is a goood looking pup.He will make a great friend for Jack.

Your home will never be the same,be prepared for wet dog all day,everyday from ice out till freeze up.Labs love living on the lake. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Rick....i cant think of a better place for a lake loving breed to be.

Kinda looks like a Roloffclapping.gif

You should get together with Billy Bob, and make so ChocoPups !!! Congrats on the new familly member Simon.

LOL....thanks Paul...he does look like a Roloff....weird eh?

the cats might like him at first... that is until he grows to be 8 times their sizew00t.gif

Thats why we always said we would not get a grown pup....give the chance for the cats to establish who is in charge!

nice Simon..Jack will just love him! congrats on the new fishing partner for yourself too!!!!

Bit of a WIN/WIN SITUATION.... thanks dude.

Cute pup.

Chocs love to chase bobbers, or anything hurled to the water.

That will be fun and awkward all at once Bruce.

You got one of the best breeds. Good looking pup.Jack will like him now,but in 6 months,he,ll be bumping Jack around.LOL

Nice addition to the family Simon.

Thanks brian....should be good for all of us.

Awesome Simon. Jack will grow up with him and love him. Nothing like a new puppy for a young boy.

On another note, I'll be working at the new OPP station in Dryden for about 8 months or so, starting in a couple of weeks. That should give me plenty of time to cash in on the lunch that you owe me.

Talk to you soon Bud...

Look forward to lunch Dan. Hey...were you walking past the mill in Dryden with a rather large zoom lensed camera last week....if not you have a double.

Beautiful pup Simon, congrats. Be prepared for alot less sleep for awhile :whistling:;)

Thanks Joey....i know that advice is fresh off the press.....lol.

And this!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

P4090001.jpg

FFS Dave....lol.

Thats what my living room looks like after 2 hrs playing with Jack!

congrats Simon - nothing like a dog for companionship. Oh, and add to Daves picture a few shoes....chewed shoes...

That pic is hilarious Dave -

Thanks Spin.

cute pup simon

Thanks Corvy

I would like to add another piece of advise,keep an eye on your vehicle seat belts.

Puppies love chewing seat belts :angry:

Taking notes here Rick...thanks bud.

Regardless of what Bill Murray says...dogs and cats can live together.

Before long, you'll have this...

HPIM1955.JPG

...but in brown, of course.

Enjoy the pup, next thing you know...they've become a dog.

Regardless of what Bill Murray says...dogs and cats can live together.

Before long, you'll have this...

HPIM1955.JPG

...but in brown, of course.

Enjoy the pup, next thing you know...they've become a dog.

I love that bit in Ghostbusters....classic line. I certainly will enjoy hm being a pup...like kittens and people...they get big....QUICK!

He's adorable Simon :thumbsup_anim::clapping:B)

Thanks Jacques...looking forward to some pics of your successful hunts :good::whistling:

Cats rule, dogs drool!

Oh man you are going to have your hands full now but it will be worth it! (I hope) LOL.

I have to admit i am a cat person...but i think Roloff is winning me over already and we've only met twice!

Well congrats on the new family member. I have a 14 month old chocolate lab as well, named Toby.Thats him at 13 months in my avatar. They can be a handful at times but it’s all worth it. He is a good fishing companion for me and my son. As others have already told you, they grow up way too fast. My guy is already pushing 75 lbs. They are also an efficient vacuum cleaner so watch out for ANYTHING you leave lying around the floor.

We have a 12 year old Shih Tzu that is more like a cat than a dog. Our Toby has learned to accept that the Shih Tzu (Ozzie) is the boss. Its funny watching the 9 lb Ozzie put the big guy in his place. They have been together now almost a year now and they are finally able to be in the same room together.

Enjoy your new little guy!

Edited by motion