Winternet and Ice fishing

NAW

What do you do MOST  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What type of fishing do you do more?

• I fish more during the soft water season then the hard water.
    • I fish more during the hard water season then the soft
    • I only fish soft water.
    • I only fish hard water.
    • I fish equally in both seaons.

Be easy on me. This is my first Poll.

I'm sure it's been done before, just not that I can remember.

With all of the NF posts as of late, I thought a little fishing related poll might be refreshing to some.

The concept of "Winternet" has never really set in to my brain. I'm one of those guys who likes the winter more then the summer. I Ice fish every weekend, both Saturday, and Sunday if my wife allows it. I fish much more during the hard water season then I do in the soft water. And definitely spend less time in front of the computer.

I have always wondered what % of OFNers hit the ice during the hard water season?

Edited by N.A.W

I try to fish as much as possible during the winter...realistically probably fish more during the summer just due to opportunity. However if your poll had an option for fishing the same winter or summer, I'd choose that.

Ice fishing is one of my favorite pass time that I enjoy during winter :) Since up here, I can use 5 lines and also can access fishing grounds that are not accessible during softwater being shore bound. Also no bugs :D Like you, my weekends are reserved for that B)

I get out more frequently in the winter, but for shorter periods of time. I don't fish Simcoe at all from boat, but its hard to turn down ice fishing 15 minutes from home! I'll take off on a Saturday morning, can fish for a few hours and still be home by noon to help the wife out. Hard to do the same when you're dragging a boat out to the Kawarthas and back

well fishing is like heroin for me....

so to go all winter without fishing would be pretty rough...

i wish i could fish open water year round... but i cant...

so i ice fish... and every year i think about selling all my ice gear...

kepp in mind the water i fish is the st.lawrence river... serious lack of safe ice on the river... serious lack of spots to fish....

I used to prefer ice fishing because it gave me more access to waters. Now that I have a proper canoe setup, I'm probably closer to 50/50. Ice fishing is so much easier imo, drive/walk out, drill holes, enjoy day! Can't wait a certain pair of new tipups to knock at my door!

I am too much of a wimp to go out on the ice in subzero weather, to catch freezing cold fish, in freezing cold water.Take pictures with a freezing cold camera,and sit for hours on a freezing cold stool.biggrin.gif freezong my cold off.

Ah, Paul...ice hut...propane heater or woodstove. Modern winter clothing, with layers. Can't do much about the freezing cold fish, though...maybe throw them in a nice hot pan :D

I have zero interest in ice fishing, never do it, and use the winter months for other things.

Would it have to do with the fact everytime we have gone ice fishnig it was -30?

I love ice fishing for steelies. thumbsup_anim.gif

x2, can't wait.

I love ice fishing.

I even re-modeled my hut last year with the help of my son, to install 2 beds in it so we could sleep in it overnight. :thumbsup_anim:

Lew & Mercman, you both know you guy's have an open invitation to join me up at my hut.

It's really warm, and the coffee/tea/hot chocolate is always ready!!

Just don't sit in Pikeslayer's spot, he has his name on it..LOL :tease: