Just my thoughts...

lew

I would think this place would fall like many other boards if it was changed I dont post on may other sites and have stopped looking at many of them due to to many sections. I liked some of the ice fishing sites but they have WAY to many sections I loose interest. My vote (even thought were not voting) is to leave it as it has always been

Edited by Mike P.

I'd agree the points of simplicity,

Read what you want, skip what you don't, Be polite.

Like I said....simple :whistling:

The format has worked since the boards inception...and IMO its as good as its always been.

So what if its a bit bigger and oppinions get complicated :dunno:

We gotta give them MOD's somth'n to sort out every once in a while or they'll get board :angel:

With a huge appetite for all things fishing that makes me a participant with a good number of boards, this wouldn't be OFC if it was the same as any other. Always liked the single page format, and especially do now because of slower internet speed at home. One page to load, and from there go to whatever topics interest you.

The Non-Fishing stuff.......................... I'll be honest, it's "a little" too much "at times." I do understand there are many members that use this forum to stay in touch and discuss different things day-to-day as friends. It is afterall, a community, and one with history. There are many positive NF threads that could be considered necessary and great, but sometimes... these and negative NF topics really do overshadow the fact this is a "fishing" website first. A "fishing" website with the largest amount of angler members and traffic for this region. With that, I would think OFC would have the greatest amount of fishing content to discuss and also, report. There are times when that doesn't seem to be the case, or, NF topics congest what many people come here seeking first, fishing. Many of the negative NF topics depress the general mood of some members as well, making the place less palatable to others at times. If more time was spent, creating, reading, contributing and responding to fishing related topics because NF topics were fewer and out of mind........... I dunno... I'd guess probably somedays, that would make the place happier overall.

Personally, I like the site and always have. Most do!!! Sometimes NF topics that didn't seemingly have any place being here to begin with, cause a stir. Nothing is perfect, so if I had one wish for OFC, it would simply be for more fishing.... cause that's something we're all usually glad to read and discuss.

Nicely put.

This is,MY FACEBOOK, Bunk.

I am the "Mod". Just listened to "Town called Malice" by the Jam, doesn't get any more mod than those dudes...oops this probably should go on the "What are you listening to" non-fishing thread...or maybe it shouldn't, I haven't opened that thread BECAUSE IT DOESN'T INTEREST ME

Actually I am listed as a Root Admin. I however smelled funny so Roy put me outside for awhile. It sometimes seems "one" of the mod's are picking on someone but rest assured it has been discussed and the actions of "one" is backed by all of us.

Art

So Mod and Admin are the same then, right?

Mod's can ban (or modq) people, lock, delete and or move a topic to the proper section Paul. Admin's can do all that as well as make new sections and sub forums. Let's not forget about the mod/admin cave they go to when they want to talk about members and the members can't see it... They also wear a cape on friday's!!! :thumbsup_anim:

hey wait, off topic abit here but was I right Spiel about the Mod? If that's wrong then Brian is so he can do what he needs to do for the tourny... do I win a custom fishing rod?!?!?! :unsure:

Edited by GBW

Yes Paul we all have the same access to the controls and the ability to stop a situation if it pops up till we can discuss the actions. That discussion occurs in the secret room were we leave messages back and forth till we form a consensus. Their is a lot of discussions and planning done to keep this place going and the time spent here is donated to the community by all of the Mod's/admin..

Art

Just got back from Quinte, And I agree totally Lew. It's my choice to read or not to read a thread that interests me. I just move on.

Pretty much sums me up as well. Hey Cliff!, Might be time for another OFC song... Just do your magic with the lyrics...

Don't go changing, to try and please me

You never let me down before

Don't imagine you're too familiar

And I don't see you anymore

I wouldn't leave you in times of trouble

We never could have come this far

I took the good times, I'll take the bad times

I'll take you just the way you are

:D

Don't go trolling, to try and catch me

You've never caught me this way before

mmmm mmmm

I don't Fathom, your too experienced

Seems I fool you evermore.I

I am right here as you mumble

"there's no way fish out this far"

mmmm mmmm

You cast out your lines, My dinner bell chimes

You got me this time you lucky OFC...R.

TGIF. :)

But I love improv.

Edited by Harrison

Don't go trolling, to try and catch me

You've never caught me this way before

mmmm mmmm

I don't Fathom, your too experienced

Seems I fool you evermore.I

I am right here as you mumble

"there's no way fish out this far"

mmmm mmmm

You cast out your lines, My dinner bell chimes

You got me this time you lucky OFC...R.

TGIF. :)

But I love improv.

I'll see what I can do about that song lol. :whistling:

Hey Cliff, I hope in December your gonna post the Christmas arrangement you did a couple years ago, that was absolutely amazing !!

I can do that Lew!!! I did two...O Holy Night (rocked out version) and Silent Night (acoustic). Which did you want? I will at least wait til the snow starts flying first :w00t:

I can do that Lew!!! I did two...O Holy Night (rocked out version) and Silent Night (acoustic). Which did you want? I will at least wait til the snow starts flying first :w00t:

Do them both Cliff, your music abilities are outstanding, specially your own arrangements !!