mixed but unused outboard gas for car?

saneryin

I have a 20-Liter of 1:40 mixed outboard gas in a gas tank. never have chance to used it.

It was freshly filled on July 15.

can I used it for me car? if so,

- does the outboard engine oil that mixed in will affect my car?

- is the gas already too old for me car even there is no mixed engine oil?

- what if I add 5L to my car each time. and used them out in 4 weeks?

any suggestion?

thanks.

I've done it once or twice in the past.. Didn't mess up my car. Probly not the best thing to do though..

I've also done the same thing with my lawn mower, when I ran out of gas cuting grass. It also ran fine with an oil mixture.

I'm not a mechanic, but I'm sure a few people here will give an exact answer.

with the price of gas i would do the same thing..It would be useless in an outboard by next spring anyway..Add it to your tank and fill it up.

Any left over gas for my outboard (Merc 8) that carries over to the spring - I put a gas stablizer

in the tank for the winter with no problems starting up the motor in the spring......

Your options are:

1) add some fuel stabilizer like Sta-Bil and use in outboard next spring

2) add it to the truck/car/suv tank and be done with it

3) Have Billy Bob over for a nice dinner and I will take care of your excessive fuel problems at no charge..... :whistling:

note: #3 is the safest option going.... :)

Thank you for all replies. :lol:

Maybe I should call Billy Bob LOL. He is a nice guy, had given me good suggestion before.

I will try to use it...I already have 2 bottle (10L/each) gas at the yard... not sure about the stabilize...because my engine is poor though.

so...before solid lake surface, what we can fish now is perch? I have read a lot post here.

Put stabilizer in gas from July, it's already past its prime.

Assuming your vehicle's tank is 60 litres and you put the unused gas in the next time you fill up...your looking at a 120:1 ratio of gas to oil. Unless you drive an Indy car or similarly high-tuned machine, that small amount of oil one time will make no difference short or long term.

I'm not a professional but I've spoken on this very subject with several people who are. "It won't hurt nothin'" is what I've been told.