Need some positive thoughts again

Handlebarz

Well last Friday I was excited that dad and I got to spend the day fishing well today we had the day to ourselves again but we were at the hospital all day and night he is still there waiting for the morning tests to see what they can do for him.

Long story short has has been doing the cancer battle for years now many of them with lung cancer in his left lung well his left lung has collapsed and his heart shifted??? yep they don't really know but are holding him for the morning when they can do some more tests to see what they can do to either remove the lung or fix it up with doing damage to his heart.

I thought that they would do something tonight but they are the docks and I guess we are supposed to trust them. His cancer has also spread again into his bones they found this after checking his blood work and looking at his newest Xrays.

Just had to tell some one also looking for some extra thoughts for him.

Sending thoughts your way Mike! I've been there with my dad as well, and it sounds like your dad is fighting it with everything he has just like my dad did! You will be extra grateful for that day on the water you had..the memories of that day will never leave you. Keep positive and hopefully good things will happen.

The whole thing's cruel Mike, it really is. I suspected from your fishing post when you said he had "the summer off his chemo" that there was more to the story and it appears there certainly is. Your father may not have shared it, but I'm betting he knew more than he's shared with you and just wanted to get out and enjoy that day on the water. It's an unfortunate road, with a father, that I've been down to the very end and I wish you all well in the journey. Enjoy every minute you can Mike, do what you need to do to keep him comfortable and help him get through this latest set back. Hopefully throw in a few more fishing trips. I didn't get that opportunity with my father, as we'd just started up our business 6 hours from home and I was either in the plant, or working elsewhere, basically 24 hours per day. I was 23 and invincible and have regretted to this day that I didn't take the whole thing a tad more seriously, or that I could have taken it more seriously.

If you need to chat send me a PM.

Mike thats very sad deal.

as a friend to your family ,theres something that should be said.

we here are extremly proud how you and your wife have stood up alongside the battle.

we are quite positive your folks are proud to have you and danna..

for the people that dont personally know mike p. ,he,s a true family man.

our thoughts and prayers are being sent.

Hey Mike. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. I've been there myself and know the feeling of helplessness. I hope you can enjoy many more fishing trips with your dad.

Edited by motion

Thank you everyone I just got back from the hospital where they told us that they would not do the bioscopy? or how ever they call it. but they did get a cat scan ordered from the cancer doc so dad chugged down 1 2/3 bottles of juice and is napping now so I headed home for a couple hours until the scan. Good news is his heart is where it belongs now they could not explain why it moved and then back but I am glad its where it needs to be.

Will give a up date when we know more thanks again for all the kind words everyone.

You are in our thoughts and Prayers also Mr. Parker. Having met your Dad, I know he is a strong person and having you as a Son would make him stubborn.:rolleyes: That makes for a good cocktail to fight this battle. We are here for you and your family bud.

Cheers, Ron...