A huge HUGE THANK YOU to Spiel and John Payne

irishfield

From the bottom of our hearts Chris.... thanks for the thought(s) and hard work to put this wonderful one piece spinning rod together, and to John for donating the St Croix blank for the build!

You can see in the first picture just how Leah felt about it, that's for sure! And the second and third pics show the "customization".

jenrod1.jpg

jenrod2.jpg

jenrod3.jpg

Thoughts and generosity of many here on OFC have helped us down this road and this weekend added the icing on the cake.

Despite having a son, Jennifer and Kristal have been my main fishing partners since they were able to walk. She'll get MANY years of enjoyment out of this PICKERAL rod !! biggrin.gif

I'm sure glad that last minute we decided to hit Lakair for a few days of R n R.. "to forget about life for awhile"!

Wayne and Leah.

Chris !! You are one class act. And John, a very generous human being. I have seen a few of your rods at Roys, and they are works of art Chris.

The heart of the this community is overwhelming, and humbling indeed.

You Rock

Paul

I should add... I'm looking thru my collection for a reel to put on it or I may have to run out and buy the perfect match.

Trying to get Jennifer to come to Temagami with us for about 10 days of R n R, starting Thursday. Her surgery is scheduled for Wednesday July 6th and she'll be in the hospital until well into August at minimum.

Spiel, that was incredible of you!! Wayne is a bigtime contributor to the board and has helped out quite a few OFNrs over the years and it is good to see that some of the Karma he has built up over the years is coming back to him by this gesture. Wayne, get your little girl healthy again and get her out to give this rod a test drive. It needs a nice brand spanking new reel.

Thanks everyone, I hope it brings as much happiness to Jen as it did for me working through the process. Wayne assured me that Jen was an avid fishergirl and that this gift would undoubtedly bring a smile to her face, Lord know she deserves it. smile.gif

To quote your own words Wayne "Karma... it is a three way street correct?," it is and I'm happy to be in a position to return the kindness!

And you're correct Roy, John is an enabler, thanks again John!

Thank you all for the kind words but Chris is the one who took the very generous initiative and thoughtfullness and ran with it. I just happened to have a blank that worked for what he had in mind is all.

Both of you are way toooo modest, but I got to see the "twinkles" in your eyes personally... and that made the drive to Lakair more than worth the effort, even if we'd just turned around after that exchange and drove right back home!

So I'm gonna stop at Trombleys, in Orillia, on our way North. What's the suggested reel for this beauty ??

Both of you are way toooo modest, but I got to see the "twinkles" in your eyes personally... and that made the drive to Lakair more than worth the effort, even if we'd just turned around after that exchange and drove right back home!

So I'm gonna stop at Trombleys, in Orillia, on our way North. What's the suggested reel for this beauty ??

Stradic 1000 series or if you are a little more budget minded maybe Sahara 1000?