Sunday May 22, 2011 - The day I lost my fishing partner

fishnsled

I think your own signature line says it all Will !

69 was way to young, but like you said during our correspondence the last few days a great number in it's own right.

Remember the good days, there's lots of laughs in there to keep you going.... and don't ever second guess the decisions that have been made the last few days.

Good luck with Grampa today, you won't have to stay a lot he'll see it in your eyes.

Wayne

Edited by irishfield

So sorry for your loss Will- I am sure he'll be right there by your side every time you see the water and every time you see a ripple on the water. No - it will never be the same - but it will surely take on new meaning in your life. His memory will inspire you to be that torch for the next generation.

Get out on the water and just as the sun rises over the horizon you will feel him there with you.

Edited by camillj

Thanks for all the condolences everyone. It's been one hell of a roller coaster ride this week and I'm looking to get off. Today I told my grandfather that his son was gone with my aunt and uncle. As difficult as that was he seemed to take it somewhat well, I'll be keeping a close eye on him as will the staff at his assisted living place.

I think your own signature line says it all Will !

Wayne

I got that signature a few years ago from Gary V. Little did I know how much that would apply to me in the days gone by. I thank Gary for putting that up.

Sorry for your loss Will...

I'm glad I got to meet him out on the ice this day for the 2008 Tyler Event...

Thanks Norm. My dad spoke of that day and meeting you quite often. Thanks for putting up the pic. Probably should have got you both out fishing. He really enjoyed his time on the water and all the OFNer's he got to meet over the years. :)

Edited by fishnsled

Will,

I am so sorry. My condolences and if there is anything, let me know. Only met him the once but enjoyed his company and humour and will remember him fondly always.

Hey Will,

Let me express my deepest sympathy to you and your family. He was a unique individual and I consider myself to be fortunate to have fished with the two of you over the last few years. You could tell how much he loved to fish, to be out in the elements and to reap the rewards of his efforts.

I'll never forget the smile on his face, when ever we stopped by and dropped some fish off for him. You could tell that he would have loved to have been out with us.

Know that he will never leave you and that every time you pull a Whitie through the ice, he'll be standing right beside you smiling away...

You have a solid group of friends who are here to support you... please make use of us! None of us want to see you go through this and most of us have had to deal with this, so use us...

I hope the next few days go well for you and you know that I'm here for you should you just want to talk or what ever...

One day at a time my friend.... and I can hear him busting some chops up in heaven... he'll get things straightened out up there!

HH

Will,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. As you know, I went through a similiar thing very recently, so I know what you and your family are going through. I had the pleasure of fishing with you and your dad a few times, and I will always remember how welcoming and friendly he was. His smile was infectious and he could sure catch fish! But most of all, I could see the relationship the two of you had...and that is something that will carry you through these hard times. The memories are there forever now...and as hard as it is to remember them as happy times now, the day will come where that's all you will remember and feel. As Joe said, you have lots of friends here...please don't hesitate to give me a call at anytime ok? I will be in touch soon.

Here is a photo I took from a few years ago...

13fatherson.jpg