Sunday May 22, 2011 - The day I lost my fishing partner

fishnsled

What a week from hell. Do to some recent health problems and the complications do to the pneumonia that settled in this past week, I am deeply saddened with the loss of my Dad. He is the man responsible for getting me into this great pastime called fishing. Over the years we had countless hours on the water whether that be walking a river, fishing in a boat or standing on the hard water. I will miss my Dad, my fishing partner very much. Just thought I'd share a few pics for now and will try to find a few more in the morning.

Dad and his sons.

Dadandhissons.jpg

Same day with a nice brown I caught.

EarlyyearsBrownTrout-1.jpg

Haliburton Walleye.

DadandWalleye.jpg

Simcoe Whitefish

Dadandwhitefish.jpg

Jumbo Perch.

IMG_6308.jpg

A nice Father's Day Kawartha eye.

IMG_6009.jpg

And one of my favourites, the first fish boated in the new ride back in 2002. Also know as the $25,000 perch.

The1stfishinthenewboat.jpg

The passion we both had for fishing was incredible. The memories will never go away, the stories of our times together will be told for many years to come, the sorrow and sadness of the loss of my fishing partner, my Dad will have a great heaviness on my heart for a very long time. It is very difficult to know that he will not be sitting beside me on the water again. I'm not sure how that first trip will go or even when I will ready to make that voyage. When that time comes, I know that he will be there in spirit on that trip and all others to come. Love you Dad.

Edited by fishnsled

Really sorry to hear that Will. Sounds like you two had some real quality fishing time together and not only was he your dad, sounds like he was your friend too. Remember the good times forever.

Condolances bud.

Joey

That has to be the worse loss for any son, I relate myself Will. Sorry for your loss bud, Your signature says it all ( enjoy life, treasure the good times, keep the good memories with you, and whenever possible live your life to the fullest. ) Well said Will

sorry for ur loss, condolence... He is in GOD's hands now.. and ur dad could see you and all the people who loves him that his been much loved and will be missed in this world.. ""

hang in there!...

bfisher

Edited by bfisher

So sorry to hear the sad news Will. It looks like you have many memories to cherish from years past. Time is the best healer. It won't be long until you're sharing stories about your Dad with laughter.

My deepest sympathy Will. I know the feeling well,having lost my dad. He was a great angler in my eyes.

I named my boat after him.

The memories never go away Will, and he will always be smiling on you as you fish.

Paul

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Take whatever time you need to process this.

Prayers from our family to yours.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

where there is injury,pardon;

where there is doubt, faith;

where there is despair, hope;

where there is darkness, light;

and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek

to be consoled as to console;

to be understood as to understand;

to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

So sorry to hear Wil.

I can only think of all the fun times you had with your Dad. From the looks of those pictures, he was a very proud Man, especially of his boys. He must have been very proud on how well they turned out too.

GOD bless.

Cheers, Ron...