We lost our pal this morning...

Beans

My condolences, I never knew him personally but my thoughts are with you & his family.

I'm in a similar situation right now, I lost a cousin of mine on Friday. You may have heard it on the news. He was alone at his cottage in Bracebridge when it went up in flames at 3am. He battled cancer for 3 years and was finally free of it this fall. He was happy again and to have this happen on Christmas Eve was a nightmare. Christmas felt different this year.

Sorry for your loss too Governator.

Jackie I am so sorry to hear that Jack has passed. I am grateful that he had Christmas with his family and loved ones around him.While his body has passed on he will live in the hearts of all he has touched. I did not get as much time with him as I wanted but the time I did get is very precious to me. I have one of his carvings of a unicorn and it brings a smile to everyones face that gets to see it and the story of the man who's talent turned a piece of wood into a mythical horse. While we grieve for the loss of the ability to make more memories with Jack we also should realize that the ones we all have have become even more precious to us. May all of our prayers light the way for his Journey into the Lords hands and one day to be reunited with our friends.

Art

It's always such sad news when we learn of the loss of someone from our community. I never had the pleasure of meeting Jack, but after reading the previous posts about him, I'm sure he was a very wonderful person that will be missed. May you rest in peace Jack.

Jackie I am so sorry to hear that Jack has passed. I am grateful that he had Christmas with his family and loved ones around him.While his body has passed on he will live in the hearts of all he has touched. I did not get as much time with him as I wanted but the time I did get is very precious to me. I have one of his carvings of a unicorn and it brings a smile to everyones face that gets to see it and the story of the man who's talent turned a piece of wood into a mythical horse. While we grieve for the loss of the ability to make more memories with Jack we also should realize that the ones we all have have become even more precious to us. May all of our prayers light the way for his Journey into the Lords hands and one day to be reunited with our friends.

Art

Amen

I am deeply saddened by the lose a great friend who will be greatly missed by all he has met & touched... RIP my friend Jack (Nanook)We have lost another to the Spirit in the Sky where he will keep on fishing while we only wish... My Condolences to Jackie & Family.

Knowing Jack he fought hard RIP my Friend you will never be forgotten

Kelvin & Family

Please accept my sincerest condolences Jackie. I had only ever met Jack once at Lakair and we had chatted occasionally about our getting there again so we could expand on our friendship. I'm deeply saddened that this will never come to pass.

I'm somewhat consoled knowing that he was able to be at home for Christmas with you, I'm sure it was exactly what he had been hoping for. God bless you Jack.

This is just terrible news, however, like you said Norm, he got to enjoy a few days over Christmas at home with his family. Nanook will now be able to out fish you from the skies above. He will be looking over all of us now and hopefully, the shavings from his carvings will land on us as rain and snow.

Very sad to hear this news. I've had the opportunity to talk to Jack a few times in the past few years and he was always very kind...very classy. My deepest condolences...

He will be missed greatly here on OFC and by all that knew him.

Edited by ccmt