Our weekend at Roy's

Joey

We had planned for months to go to Roy's last weekend and as the saying goes, best laid plans........

We were to go from Friday to Sunday and on Saturday night Marc Thorpe, who had Adam over for a weekend of fishing, were going to join us for a gourmet supper. Then on Thursday we came to the sad conclusion it was not going to happen as J had a family member pass on and they would be attending the funeral on Saturday. We were sad for J's loss and understood.

Roy had other plans tho and talked to Marc who generously agreed for us to fish with him and Adam for Saturday. We were thrilled to say the least and did a quick pack after work on Friday and were on the road by 6 p.m. headed for Quebec :thumbsup_anim:

We arrived around midnight (after a wrong turn at albequerque) and had the usual bull session and catching up with Roy, staying up entirely too late :rolleyes:

Thank God Marc did not arrive to pick us up until 9:00 a.m. As Roy said, "Marc doesn't take people out for early morning boat rides, he takes them out to catch fish when they're biting." Hahahahaha!

So off we went to Canadian Tire for a Quebec fishing licence and then on to the water.

It was a balmy 5C and winds weren't too bad at all. Sunny for the early morning, cloudy most of the afternoon.

We've never had the opportunity to fish with Marc and it was a great experience. He really knows what he's doing and it was fantastic to watch.

Here he is at the helm.

5157790175_1a20c0b0c4_b.jpg

A picture of Adam enjoying the fresh morning air.

5157801577_d79492022a_b.jpg

Paul looking happy, even tho I'm pretty sure he didn't feel so well after our late evening :lol:

5158397886_551d6df0d0_b.jpg

Some laughs and getting the camera ready.

5158394888_277532e8f9_b.jpg

Adam advised me that I was up first and I'm ever so greatful for that. We finally had a rip sometime in the afternoon and this was the result.

5157787329_485444bc8b_b.jpg

She was a gorgeous 40 incher, pretty hefty, with some nice markings :good:

We had no other takers for the day, but the company was great so it was all good!!

I took a few random shots:

5157800177_2f07dba9cb_b.jpg

5158401668_01858bb0f3_b.jpg

5158411874_d73858163e_b.jpg

5158414502_961090acb4_b.jpg

Check out the downriggers on this one!!!

5157804857_264db73fa0_b.jpg

So off to Roy's for supper later in the evening, and even Helene joined us for the night :thumbsup_anim:

The always lovely J.

5157818659_7f4f04ff97_b.jpg

H trying not to get her pic taken.

5158430848_5a7ab6ff00_b.jpg

Something is amusing Marc :lol:

5157816757_4de8e6a099_b.jpg

Adam relaxing.

5158423574_144d3ed5fa_b.jpg

Smile for the camera!!!!!

5158421994_744df1a634_b.jpg

5157823945_ccf4e74324_b.jpg

Roy, looking fantastic!!!

5157833177_0bd4c7ea72_b.jpg

Flambe Quail, yum yum!!

5158429358_1e4740d8ae_b.jpg

I have to say, supper was absolutely fantastic and I wish I had taken a picture of the finished product because it was spectacular, from the smoked salmon salad, to the main course of quail and rice and then on to dessert with homemade pavlova and hazelnut cake and brie with pear. Every mouthful was a delight. Thank you, thank you Roy and J, you put on a spread nobody could top :thumbsup_anim:

Marc and Adam left shortly after in preparation for their next day on the water and even tho Marc invited us again to join them, we graciously declined as we wanted to spend some quality time with Roy on Sunday.

Thanks again Marc and Adam, we really appreciated you letting us tag along, oh and the musky was the cherry on the cake!!

So about 1:30 rolls around and we got packed back up and ready to leave and Paul goes out to load the truck and comes back in - flat tire :wallbash:

Paul and Roy spent the next 2 hours trying to get the the darned spare to unlock from under the truck. The locking mechanism was stuck (salt and rust). It was a fiasco but they finally got it done. Mike the Pike stopped by to say hello in the middle. Nice to see you again Mike.

The drive home was uneventful and the time change gave us an extra hour so that was a nice bonus.

So thank you again Roy and J for having us and thanks again to Marc and Adam for taking us out for the day.

Cheers,

Joey

excellent report Joey. Looks like you had an excellent time !!! Roy and J are true gems. I'm a liitle shy when meeting new people, but when i met them we were talking like old buddys within 2 minutes. Barb and i live 20 minutes from Roy. Wish i could have met up with you guys.

So how did ya like the drive through MTL, quite an experience i bet.

Paul

excellent report Joey. Looks like you had an excellent time !!! Roy and J are true gems. I'm a liitle shy when meeting new people, but when i met them we were talking like old buddys within 2 minutes. Barb and i live 20 minutes from Roy. Wish i could have met up with you guys.

So how did ya like the drive through MTL, quite an experience i bet.

Paul

We've done the drive several times now and yes, it can be "interesting" at times :D

Sounds like a great time, and, I'm glad I'm eating lunch right now...that dinner sounds amazing!! Congrats on the 40"er, really nice markings! :thumbsup_anim:

I've never done the drive to Quebec, sounds interesting. Is Montreal worse than TO?

Edited by FRANKIE65

Paul looking happy, even tho I'm pretty sure he didn't feel so well after our late evening

5158397886_551d6df0d0_b.jpg

That root beer Roy had ready for him go bad or something....

Thanks for the report Hun.. looked like a great time. Nothing beats eating at Roy's and fishin with Thorpe...

Looks like an awesome time Joey. Some of us know Roy & J's hospitality very well. We have had the pleasure of fishing with Marc and all that I can say is that I learned more in the time I was with him than I did over many years previous.

Super report J.

TFS

As for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Paul and Roy spent the next 2 hours trying to get the the darned spare to unlock from under the truck. The locking mechanism was stuck (salt and rust). It was a fiasco but they finally got it done

Paul will now think twice about bad mouthing my FORD. :whistling::whistling:

Is Montreal worse than TO?

Well its just a bit more confusing Frankie, and looking for the correct turnoff when there's a semi on either side of you and in front of you, all doing 120K, gets a a little tricky at times :whistling:

That root beer Roy had ready for him go bad or something....

I wouldn't say bad per se, there was just a steady flow, along with little sleep. Can get the best of us :lol:

Awww why does Canada have to be so far away.....I miss the best parties and now this one were the A list shows up. Glad to see you all had a great time and one day I will get up their for just a walk about and visit everyone for a day or two....

Art

Thank you so much Joey and the others for the kind words. Your pics are great Joey, thank you. It was just a joy to have you, Paul, Adam and Marc over here and you know that you're welcome here anytime. This was all the high point of my month at least. We'll talk soon.

I have to say, supper was absolutely fantastic and I wish I had taken a picture of the finished product because it was spectacular, from the smoked salmon salad, to the main course of quail and rice and then on to dessert with homemade pavlova and hazelnut cake and brie with pear. Every mouthful was a delight. Thank you, thank you Roy and J, you put on a spread nobody could top

Wow Joey great report .. and jeeze Roy ... thats sounds like one heck of a 'supper' ... sounds more like haute cuisine to me !