A few Prayers for Jack or Nanook as some know him

aplumma

just a little up date for you and if I have missed anyone please let them know, I dont know where Jack's list is for sending multiple emails, he has had his first radiation on Mon. in oshawa he is to have five all this week each day rest day on thurs, for holidays! for drs. then the last one mon. he is really in good spirits as he has movement in his fingers on the left hand he was so excited yesterday when he moved them, its a start, and that was before the radiation, the Dr. is not going to do any kind of surgery, too dangerous he said we can do more damage so we will just do the radiation and get the inflammation down take the pressure off, so thats what our week is going to be very busy up and down to oshawa, the best part is I can go with him on every trip and jack is happy about that too. so all in all things are getting better each day, think of us in your prayers, take care

Love Jackie Jack and Teddy

If anyone would like to drop a note: Jack and Jackies and Teddy Email address is

[email protected]

Nanook or Jacks e mail.

The OFC community.

Edited by aplumma

Some of you got this e-mail a little while ago...

Further to Jackies news this morning...I arrived at their place At 02:00 pm just in time to see an ambulance in the driveway getting ready to transport Jack down to the hospital in Peterborough...All I got to say to him was" Hi and take care Pal "... His doctor there wants him in the hospital while they transport him back and forth to the hospital in Oshawa for his radiation treatments so that they can keep an eye on him and monitor his condition... Luckily a bed came available this morning...just as well as in my opinion Jackie is running out of strength to get Jack in and out of their vehicle...she has been a brick up to this latest set-back...I stayed with her and talked for an hour after Jack left...She is going to take their dog Teddy down to her sister's place south of Bobcaygeon then after she goes to see Jack she will stay at her sister's tonight...

Jackie printed off all the e-mails he received so far and will deliver them to him...

Keep them in your thoughts and prayers...

Thanks Beans

Jack did post that he has cancer quite a while ago and this latest set-back is that he suffered a stroke last week denying him use of his left side...X-rays shows he has a couple of brain tumors that they hope to shrink by radiation...Let's hope it works for him...He has been a good friend and fishing partner to a bunch of us...

Thanks for posting Art...I couldn't find the words...

Edited by Beans

I find it amazing how news like this about someone i've never met can make me sad.Its the spirit of community that allows all of us to feel close to one another.I will most definately ask my higher power to pay him a visit and give him what he needs to beat this.Stay Positive Nanook.You are in my thoughts.

The 1st time I ever met Jack in person was up at Lakair a couple years back. He came over and introduced himself and handed me a bag of lures. Said they were too big for what he needed and I could probably use them for muskies.

Another time before that, I posted here that I needed some plexiglass for a project and was surprised at how expensive the stuff was. Within a few minutes I had a PM from Jack saying that he had enough for what I need and to come on up and get it...no charge.

That's just the kinda guy Jack is.

For those who wish to send an e mail or send a photo his E mail address is

[email protected]

Jackie will be printing them off the internet and bringing them to him while he is in the hospital.

I am proud to know so many generous people who have taken the time to wish both Jackie and Jack the best in prayers and deeds.

Art

Edited by aplumma

:clapping:

The 1st time I ever met Jack in person was up at Lakair a couple years back. He came over and introduced himself and handed me a bag of lures. Said they were too big for what he needed and I could probably use them for muskies.

Another time before that, I posted here that I needed some plexiglass for a project and was surprised at how expensive the stuff was. Within a few minutes I had a PM from Jack saying that he had enough for what I need and to come on up and get it...no charge.

That's just the kinda guy Jack is.