MY LAST CONTROLLED HUNT

misfish

I guess my signs were not big enough and bold enough or my truck parked in the field at the road entrance eh you pathitic :asshat: :asshat: decided to dog the bush.All I could see from the thickets was 3 clowns howlling.I yelled out what the hell.They just kept walking. I get the hell out of my stand and get to my truck and head to the other end of the bush.what the hell No trucks or cars. Ok I know,it,s the cell phone game.I hear no shotting after 20 minutes .I sit and wait. Here comes a white truck,slows then drives off.I sit for another ten minutes and nothing.Must of booked it out on the other side. I put so much effort into my hunts and have these clowns just walk in like they own the place.In the back of my mind,I thought this might happen,but was thinking positive. Positive went for a crap.

Im going to finish off this week,but this is my last controlled hunt.I,ll hunt from now on at pops.

Atleast I know they didnt shoot any deer,which hopfully means they wont be back.

SRY for the rude rant,but it is what it is.

Trying to make it a report too,I seen a doe and a yearling.Loads of turkeys (go figure,and one huge yote. I was waiting for the little bugger to get in range,and it would of been lights out. I never seen one this big. Like a german shepard.

I was surprised at the limited amount of shooting

Time for a cold one and chill. :wallbash:

If you leave you'll have let them beat you.

Take a camera, take their pics, and call the police. Even if its just a lowly trespassing fine, having a visit to their house might convince them to leave your place alone.

Like I said Cram,I could just see three yahoos in orange.

These are guys that cant hunt or put an effort in to set themselves up for a hunt.Shooting running deer,noe theres a sport for ya.Dont start with me on this either.We been down that road.Im sure this property is not the only one they just dog through.

My main issue is ,I went out of my way and expense, to make it so this would not happen.

Edited by BrianB

Guest gbfisher

I have a backhoe Brian.....

All you can do is hope they push the Doe's their way and the bucks get pushed to you. :thumbsup_anim: If you didnt hear any shooting then there is nothing to get beat up about.

Keep at it!!! :)

i feel your pain Brian, i have never hunted the controlled hunt, and prolly never will, but on my dads property my bro dad and i have made about a dozen stands along the fence line and bush. The property is clearly marked "no hunting" and the white peice of wood with the red dot on it.

Last year the week after the first controlled hunt i went into one of my stands and it had cigarrete butts on it, empty pop cans etc, so did 4 others. Must have been one of the "deer mafia" groups that hunts around our county. Up to 40 guys pushing bushes and shooting deer in places they don't have permission.

I don't like to go up against other hunters about this, most of us are respectable to other's property etc, but i put hours and $$ into those stands not to mention countless hours scouting, planning, and leaving some of those spots alone to hunt them during the rut only to have the ruined by these guys. I have trail cameras up this year by the stands if they come back i'll have their pictures.

Edited by stubbex

I have trail cameras up this year by the stands if they come back i'll have their pictures.

thats if they dont steal the camera.

Went hunting once in my life. My dad left me his guns in his will.Took the course, got equiped in orange.An experienced friend took me to Rawdon just North of Montreal.It was like bloody D-Day !!!

There was guys drinkin wine and shooting bottles for fun, 2 were shooting at crows with 30.06's.

Scared the crap outa me.Never went back out.w00t.gif

That's exactly why I refuse to hunt it. They even threaten land owners who tell them to leave.

Brian if your like me your really biting your lip because owning a firearm and saying what you really want to say can cause you to lose your equipment.

For all you :asshat: trespassing losers who are reading this right now. Know you are hated by every other hunter and landowner out there and you can bet that if you ever get caught we'll be holding hands with the anti's at your hearing. You disgust us and make us all look like idiots.

Now look you got me in a tither Brian!

Brian if your like me your really biting your lip because owning a firearm and saying what you really want to say can cause you to lose your equipment.

Exactly. Confrontation can lead to more then just a talk about tresspassing.

I enjoy the sport to much to lose.

Im chillen a bit now.

Sorry to hear about that Brian, that sux ass.

Are you off all week and hunting that property? Keep going there, don't let them win....andy's right...they may push something towards ya....woulnd't that be a satisfying feelin'...shooting a nice buck in front of them that they pushed to ya? Evil isn't it...bwahahahahaha :thumbsup_anim:

This is par for the course during the controlled hunt, it's a freaking zoo out there.I remember times I was afraid to get outa of my tree stand when the pushers come charging through the bush.The thing is you scout out a nice area, get permision to hunt and then all of sudden the trucks show up a bunch of dudes jumps out with guns charge through the bush holering, then they jump back in the trucks and head out to ruin sombody elses hunt.I know how your feeling it's very frustrating, your all excited and happy to be out and all of sudden it's like someone unleased the army on you.

I feel your pain i was out to day to see someone in my stand, then brother inlaw told me someone stold his stand it was there two weeks ago.

Not sure what hunter would steal from another hunter says something about the times. People who do not get permissin to hunt should not hunt period if you cant make the time to ask why should you be allowed to hunt. To all thoes who cheat i hope it catches up to you. BEST OF LUCK to all the good honest hunters.

I know your pissed Brian and you have every right to be.

My day, well it sucked too!

I woke up on time to get my train, got every red light on the way... Missed it, and the one that comes 5 min. after it. so I had to wait another 30 min. for the next one. A woman talked my ear off the whole time while waiting and on the train! I was like, shut it, I'm now in a bad mood and want to close my eyes. Got to work, nobody was happy and didn't have a great day doing what we do best. So now I have to take off early to get home to study (yeah I'm in my mid to late 30's and going back to school) for a test tonight. I get to class and the teacher looks at the room and says "good luck because if you do not pass this test I honestly don't think you will pass the course.". I think to myself, okay, I can do this... It turned out to be a time restricted test and the only thing I can say for sure is I got my name and date right on the test. That was my day... Now it's time for me to have a beer and chill...

No matter how much hunter ed and training is given the :asshat: will always be there putting you and others at risk. My nephew had a close call last year during bow season. He had a stand on his buddy's property and was targetting an approaching buck. Out of nowhere an :asshat: pops up and pours 4 rounds into the buck,firing in the direction of his stand. Then he threatens the nephew not realizing there are 5 other legal hunters coming on like the cavalry. The police answered the call and gave the little greaseball a verbal warning.

Truth be, there is little respect for any of the laws in this nation any more. Why else do you think poaching is rampant.

Happens all the time Brian. Same happens were me and my buddy hunt,we just sit in stands, guys come and go all day dogging. All we hope is they bush deer to us. It's funny to see a truck load of wahoos, bush the bush and leave with nothing and 10 Min's. later another different truck load of wahoos push the same bush :w00t: Sooner or later, they push deer to you. Thanks Wahoos for pushing deer my way, ticks them off when you get the deer they miss. Like the Rabbit and the turtle. If you want the bush to your self, get yourself a crossbow, the hunt starts 1st Oct. You get the jump on the Wahoos. It's like fishin, everyone wants to fish were you are. My biggest rant this year was the price of the deer license $43.00. Stick with it Brian, you'll get your deer. Chances are they won't be back this week.

Don't forget, save the tail for jiggs :D

It's funny to see a truck load of wahoos, bush the bush and leave with nothing and 10 Min's. later another different truck load of wahoos push the same bush

Funny you say that.The owners brother was out after I left to spread some crap. Along comes a group of guys.Just walked in,did even bother to ask.

Probly explains the quiet morning today.Not a turkey or deer to be seen. I even walked a mile and a half back and didnt jump anything.

Your right about the bow season.After friday,their gone and the bush will settle again.