Lost my best fishing Partner

mbac31

This summer has not been to bad for fishing. I have been fishing Clubbies and trying to Quailfy for the Top Bass series classic which we did. We have had a tough go of it for sure with only a best of 11th place to show for our efforts. Thats not bad to some but if you know how the Tournament drive is in your blood you understand, its an addiction. Lord knows we have tried our best. Seems every day of blast off my boat decides it doesnt like me anymore. :mellow: Well we made number 32 for our Classic this past weekend on Rice lake. We were stoked.

Finally we get to redeem ourselves. Well we pre fished our hearts out and had a good game plan that we figured would put us into the winner circle, and on Wednesday evening I get the call that my best friend and Life teacher aside from my dad had just passed. I had just gone down to see my Pop 2 weeks prior for him to meet my Daughter for the first time. I'm so glad he did get to meet her because its the last time she will see him. He was the one who took me fishing all the time, camping just me and him and everything outdoors. Taught me the ins and outs when my Dad could'nt due to work. We would spend hours doing so and he is the reason for my passion now. He was strong as a bull moose as I would say!

Words dont really describe how one feels when somone passes. I went to fish my classic with a board member here since we qualified and did my best. My brain just wasnt into it at all like it should of been. Boat broke down both days and we still didnt give up. Its tough to find a partner like mine also. Much like a marriage, we fish together like clockwork. I did fish it because I'm sure if I did not my Grandfather would have been upset for all my efforts not to fish. He would have made me. We never won it and had a horrible weekend but we still laughed at the whole scenario as our first year being a test season and we still came out # 33 I beleive which is still good. Leaving Rice lake for the long drive home. I started to merge on the 401 yesterday evening at #28 in Port Hope, What do I see. a double Rainbow side by side. It somehow made everything much better and I smiled all the way home to my Little Daughter who wanted to sit in Daddys boat and poke at everything that she could. I only hope I can teach her the way my Pop did for me.

You will be missed. Here is his pic just one month ago for his birthday. 90 years old. Save a seat for me Pop next to that pond for its not goodbye but till we fish again.

[61863_114026518655161_100001434395887_107234_28026_n.jpg

Smalliefisher: i feel your loss brother.

I just lost my closest friend and life mentor two weeks ago myself.

This board has been very gracious during this period for me and I trust it will be for you as well.

I lost the desire to fish for a couple of weeks and am not sure it is really back yet. (even though I had fun fishing this past weekend)

This board provided some much needed relief and adventures during the past two weeks for me.

Prayers from London to you and your family.

90 years young! You will certainly be feeling lonely and lonesome for him. You know he misses you too and will be waiting to show you the best spots on that glorious other side.

My thoughts are with you as I do know that we never stop missing those that have gone on ahead of us.

And because of my own experience with losing one so young - you bet that rainbow was from him to you.