It's been a while...

ccmtcanada

Hello everyone!

I know I haven't been around much. I still got on here a few times a week to see what was going on, but due to some personal issues, posting wasn't much of a priority for me. Have I gone out fishing much this year? Nope...apart from a few shore expiditions, I have not wet a line. But I'm hoping on that changing for the rest of the season.

I was reading all the Lakair threads and I thought I'd share a little of what's been going on for me as of late. A lot of my time is spent with my daughter Sydney. She and I both love doing things outdoors. In the past I've posted about her and I collecting tadpoles, caterpillars, making an outdoor skating rink etc. Her latest thing are frogs. A few weekends ago, we headed to a local conservation area to fish and see what kind of wildlife was around.

It was great to see her with a fishing rod in hand again smile.gif

sydfishing.jpg

Here's her first fish of the year.

sydfish-1.jpg

Soon after, she heard the "croak croak" of the many bullfrogs that line this pond. The fishing rod was put away and she desperately searched for the source of the croaks! We finally caught one...and she was elated!

frog-1.jpg

We now have 3 smaller ones at home, in a "habitat" where they have lots of room to hop around. She is facsinated seeing them "hunt" down the feeder crickets that we have for them!

You may or may not have noticed a little "Fishing" publication that came out called the "Outsider". It has a circulation of 400,000 copies across Canada, and I was lucky enough to grace the back cover!

magazine.jpg

Oh yeah...just so I can say I went fishing and caught a fish (ok ok ok...some would debate whether or not this is a real fish or not....LOL), here's the only thing I've been able to tease out of the waters.

IMG00732.jpg

Finally, this past Lakair weekend was also Father's Day. I spent the entire day with Sydney. The first thing we did was visit my own dad at the cemetary. I brought her there in the past, but she was a little too young to really understand why we were there. This time though she was full of questions about what he was like. She wondered who the other people in the family plot were. She wanted to walk around and look at all the other plots in the area. She said "It's not scary here Daddy...I like it here". We stayed for over an hour...talking and walking...it was so great to see her so interested in the family she never knew in person. Here's a picture of Sydney and I saying hi to my Dad. (note, the family name has been expertly removed from the photo thanks to a board member)

cliff-2.jpg

I do want to thank everyone for the PMs, phone calls and visits over the past months. You all know who you are...and I really do appreciate your support, friendship and concern.

Life is a journey...just follow the path...and you'll get to where you are supposed to be going...eventually.

sydwalk.jpg

Edited by ccmt

It is nice to see you back Cliff, and to see pictures of your daughter again. I certainly hope that all is well with her.

I promised the kids at school that I would start to learn to play the guitar this summer, so I will keep you posted.

I offered to get you out in Erie a couple of summers ago, and the offer is still good now (if the lake cooperates this year).

All the best,

Jim

Hi Cliff :D

Yesterday while I was scrolling through OFC I see "ccmt" and just had to read what you wrote. It was so nice to see you on here. And now this. That's the kind of man you are....to give us a bit of a peek into your life and letting us know that you are well.

Life truly is a journey and in spiritual terms - this is kindergarden.

The picture of both your hands .... her little hand extending to cover yours .... pretty special!

Hope you keep in touch.

Nancy

Beautiful words and pictures Cliff, time with your children should always be special and it sounds as if you live by that philosophy too.

Has she ever tried fishing for frogs? When we were kids we would find a little feather or something similar and just fix it to the end of the line or a snap swivel, no hook. Then we would dangle it in front of a frog and wiggle it a bit, and it's moderately successful. This way she gets to see them fire their tongue out to get it. They often grip it securely enough that you can lift them up and extract the 'lure' from their mouth. If you use a peanut instead you can do the same with chipmunks, just don't try pulling them off the nut!

It is nice to see you back Cliff, and to see pictures of your daughter again. I certainly hope that all is well with her.

I promised the kids at school that I would start to learn to play the guitar this summer, so I will keep you posted.

I offered to get you out in Erie a couple of summers ago, and the offer is still good now (if the lake cooperates this year).

All the best,

Jim

Thanks Jim...I remember the offer and I may very well take you up on that!!!

Great to see you're doing well buddy.

Anytime you want to head north just let me know.

(That last pic is amazing)

I'm thinking some walleye up at your cottage sounds like a superb idea!!! Fall perhaps....

Hi Cliff biggrin.gif

Yesterday while I was scrolling through OFC I see "ccmt" and just had to read what you wrote. It was so nice to see you on here. And now this. That's the kind of man you are....to give us a bit of a peek into your life and letting us know that you are well.

Life truly is a journey and in spiritual terms - this is kindergarden.

The picture of both your hands .... her little hand extending to cover yours .... pretty special!

Hope you keep in touch.

Nancy

Thanks for your kind words Nancy. I'm back on OFC again!

Beautiful words and pictures Cliff, time with your children should always be special and it sounds as if you live by that philosophy too.

Has she ever tried fishing for frogs? When we were kids we would find a little feather or something similar and just fix it to the end of the line or a snap swivel, no hook. Then we would dangle it in front of a frog and wiggle it a bit, and it's moderately successful. This way she gets to see them fire their tongue out to get it. They often grip it securely enough that you can lift them up and extract the 'lure' from their mouth. If you use a peanut instead you can do the same with chipmunks, just don't try pulling them off the nut!

My daughter has always been incredibly special to me...many of my reports have her in them :) I will try that fishing for frogs idea next time we are at the pond! Thanks for the idea!

Cliff, I demand we spend some more time steelheading this fall smile.gif

Nice to see you pop in and say hello bud.

Bill...you're on!!! Didn't catch a single steelhead this spring!

Nice pictures of your daughter Cliff, hope that you can work through things, remember we live for our

children, so we have to focus on what is important.

FLEX

I live by that FLEX.

Thanks everyone for your replies and your PM's. It's good to be back...you'll be seeing a lot more of my posts from now on.