Lost an old friend last night.

Baron the family pet of 15 years died in his sleep last night,now I know how some of you guys felt when you went through this.

He has been going downhill the last month or so but we did not have the heart to put him down as he did not seem to be in any pain so we thought we would let nature run it`s course,It`s a tough deal for sure!

Baron the family pet of 15 years died in his sleep last night,now I know how some of you guys felt when you went through this.

He has been going downhill the last month or so but we did not have the heart to put him down as he did not seem to be in any pain so we thought we would let nature run it`s course,It`s a tough deal for sure!

Im sorry about your loss. Pets are family. I almost dont want to get another one because it sucks so bad when they move on.

My condolences as well..I have had to put 2 dogs down now..Not easy to do..I kinda wish they would have just gone in thier sleep. Thats by far the best way to go out. sorry for your loss my friend.

My condolences,its always hard to lose a freind.If it makes you feel better your buddy does not know what happened,they dont reflect on their mortality or relive the past.They are there for that moment and that is what makes them so special to us.My guy is going on 15 and that day will also come for us.I will know he had a great life and was a true friend.

Joe

So sorry to hear this news, they hold such a special place in our hearts and when we loose one of them I think a little piece of our heart goes with them. Our guy is getting near the end too and I dread the day but it will come. Remember the good times!

He's probably up there chasing the Easter Bunny until next April....

Sorry for you loss...my wife had to take our dog "Alex" to be put down because he was deaf and blind in one eye not to mention 13 years old at the time...I couldn't do it.

Bob

So sorry to hear of your loss. They are such close friends :(

MEMORIES

"Not the least hard thing to bear when

they go from us, these quiet friends,

is that they carry away with them so

many years of our lives. Yet, if they

find warmth therein, who would

begrudge them those years that they

have so guarded?

And whatever they take,

be sure they have deserved."

--- John Galsworthy ---

I couldn't do it

Billy, I couldnt/didnt want to either,but had to, as the rest of the family was not able.

Those that think a pet is just a pet,and thats all they are too you,,,,,,,,,,,,

Shame on you.

I will give you this one piece of advise if I may.Dont be rushing out for a replacement, thinking it will ease your pain.Give it time.It,s been 5 years for me.I really want another shorthair or lab,but not the time just yet.