Jack AKA Nanook

Roy

I first met Jack several years ago at Beans and Maribeth's house on Pigeon Lake. It was a great visit and I had a wonderful time with the likes of Big Cliff, Pigeon Fisher, Lew and of course Jack. Well, on the 7th of this month I received an email from Jack which read:

Hi Roy, Been having a problem with backaches since mid January. I mentoin this to my Eurologist, who immediately sent me for a Catscan.It shows that my Cancer is on the move again and got into my Pelvic and lower backbone. Hence the aching.Apparently it built up an immunity to the drug I've been having for 2 yrs. Apparently, people with this kind of cancer have an average of 2-3yrs as there is no cure as yet. I go for a bonescan on Mon. then on to chemo to slow it down a bit. Sorry to load you up with this, but thought I'd let you know befor the 'grapevine' started up LOL, Hope all is well at your end, see you at L'air. Jack

I didn't post this to the board out of respect for Jack and Jackie's need for privacy.

I've since been forwarded an email from Beans (Norm) and here it is:

Norm, I dont mind who you want to tell about me, the more it's in the open the easier to handle. Never did like secrets LOL. I was going to put it on the 'Board, but did'nt want anyone think i'm looking for sympathy. Ah well, crap happens. As an update; after reading up on Chemo and getting lots of info from the hospital, I've [we] have decided NOT to go thro' with the Chemo. I'm told it wont cure it, only slow it down. With all the negatives, destroying good blood cells, open to any infections going around, weakness, tiredness [ sounds like HIV dont it] and on a 3 week cycle for the rest of my natural, we dont think its worth it. Sooner live a short time having fun, than a bit longer being miserable. There is another Hormone treatment thay we have to talk with the Doctor about, so we will go from there. Not the best of new's but we will make the best of it. Will you pass this along to Cliff as he wants to be kept up to date. Cant wait for the soft water fishing to start again TTYL.........Jack

So, whether you know Nanook or not, please, please offer a prayer to help him and Jackie get through this. If you don't pray, no worries, a positive thought will go a long way to making things better for them.

Jack, please know that I will help in any way I can to help you through this.

I'm having trouble with words here Jack. Just know that your extended family will do what they can.

Be well.

Roy

And yes, I WILL see you at Lakair in June.

I first met Jack several years ago at Beans and Maribeth's house on Pigeon Lake. It was a great visit and I had a wonderful time with the likes of Big Cliff, Pigeon Fisher, Lew and of course Jack.

Cnv0502.jpg

Best of luck Jack, you've got alot of buds here pulling for ya !!

Jack I support your decision no matter which way you go. As you know if their is anything you want or need you have my # please use it. I will see you at Lak Air and yes their is a place in my boat for you.

Art

I was a little shook up when I got his e-mail last week.Ihave had the pleasure of meeting Jack as well as having him carve a unicorn for my mothers birthday a couple of years ago.What talent he has!Prayers were said at Harmony United Methodist church last Sunday and they will continue for him.Looking forward to seeing Jack at the GTG again.Looks like he has a spot for th pike tourney and that boat has done very well over the last few years!Best wishes my friend!

Joe

I know what you mean Joe...What with my buddy Cliff's good news and this about my pal Jack, I,m at a loss for words so I'll just keep conversing with my higher power for help for both of them...for now...

Edited by Beans

WOW !!! I'm overwhelmed, thanks to you all for your good wishes and support. When I get over this choked up feeling, I'll be feeling better than ever.

It was a big decision not to have Chemo, but with all your support, Im gonna kick this thing in the :asshat:

I'm feeling pretty good right now, still doing some carvings. In fact I'm going into a show 27March in Brooklyn [Ont]

Now to get my fishing tackle sorted and go get some Crappie with Beans, and then on to the Pike at L'air

Jackie sends her thanks along with mine, with a family like this behind you, you cant go wrong.

Jack