Strange way to Icefish

ketchenany

How can all those fish be coming out of that one shallow hole ?

Even if they are guided in by the wooden posts, I can't understand how they all end up in that one spot in as great a number as we're seeing on the video.

I guess these guys will have lots of time for the vodka next winter as there won't be any fish left to scoop out. :o

Yes, it could be some sort of fish farm to be producing that kind of harvest, but it's still hard to believe the number of fish.

They're just piled on top of each other in that one spot. Seems like an endless supply of fish, but.................

Edited by Carp

that just made me really sick to watch, with all the efforts we make for conservation of the species, I guess someone would say it's a cultural thing but unless they are feeding the entire population of their village, this is just disgusting.

that just made me really sick to watch, with all the efforts we make for conservation of the species, I guess someone would say it's a cultural thing but unless they are feeding the entire population of their village, this is just disgusting.

Im sure he's not just stuffing his fridge.

I dont know what the big problam is have you ever seen a fleet of draggers in shore of the Coast of Nova Scotia rape and pilage the fishery thats what should be really getting your hair to stand up. Culling out a load of pike is okay and it does look to be a fish farm which the ocean is not

Just saying thats all

Peter :angry:

European fish farming. Can hardly be called wasteful. People on this side of the world have obviously lost touch. Better than a lot of N American netting operations where pike and other bycatch species lie in rotting piles on the shore. Saw enough of that up North.