My new back lake helper..... will be fishing SOON!

Thats freakin cool....almost as good as bacon in the morning... :lol::lol: ....Good lord I need a float plane license. I was lazy and didn't read all comenets but I hope you gots a small lawnmower battery and a electric for that outfit????

Either way amazing concept. If you ever feel like flying to NW ontario there's a few lakes out here that are inaccessable via non-air methods.

Some great thinking there IrishField! Job well done! Was thinking that theres an awful lot of bending over for you there. Maybe you could rig up a pull cord to lower/hoist the canoe? Also, would it be easier to thread the rods through the canoe in "docking" mode. It looks as though theres a possibility of pinching your hand if you're in the canoe and you're trying to get it set and pinned? Obviously you know better, the video is a little grainy so I can't see the full operation. Just a safety thought. Otherwise I'd have to give this one a big two thumbs up!! :thumbsup_anim:

Was thinking that theres an awful lot of bending over for you there. Maybe you could rig up a pull cord to lower/hoist the canoe? Also, would it be easier to thread the rods through the canoe in "docking" mode. It looks as though theres a possibility of pinching your hand if you're in the canoe and you're trying to get it set and pinned? Obviously you know better, the video is a little grainy so I can't see the full operation. Just a safety thought. Otherwise I'd have to give this one a big two thumbs up!! :thumbsup_anim:

I'm not that old YET jigger! lol And I'd estimate the required pull to swing that canoe up is less than 15 lbs. It's basically effortless single handed.

Nothing to pinch my hand in.. tubes go thru the boat.. all I'm doing on the inside when in the canoe is putting in a PTO style lock pin so the tubes can't fall out and to pin the boat in place in relation to the tube. Attachment to the float itself will only happen when I'm standing on the float. I was originally going to have fixed/pivoting tubes on the airplane and swing them down and attach to canoe... but realized I can tip the canoe around where I need it to hook it to airplane. I can't move the airplane to hook it to the canoe.

Edited by irishfield

Very nice Wayne .no surprise thou coming out of your shop ,well done man, get to Temagami already would ya ,if things dont change here soon I may be up there trying to wheel @ deal with Bill hopefully on all the blown up outboards kicking around

I'm not that old YET jigger! lol And I'd estimate the required pull to swing that canoe up is less than 15 lbs. It's basically effortless single handed.

Nothing to pinch my hand in.. tubes go thru the boat.. all I'm doing on the inside when in the canoe is putting in a PTO style lock pin so the tubes can't fall out and to pin the boat in place in relation to the tube. Attachment to the float itself will only happen when I'm standing on the float. I was originally going to have fixed/pivoting tubes on the airplane and swing them down and attach to canoe... but realized I can tip the canoe around where I need it to hook it to airplane. I can't move the airplane to hook it to the canoe.

None of us are getting any younger, unfortunately!lol

Very nice Wayne .no surprise thou coming out of your shop ,well done man, get to Temagami already would ya ,if things dont change here soon I may be up there trying to wheel @ deal with Bill hopefully on all the blown up outboards kicking around

I think there's a pile of BRP's out back.... :D

We should have been going up on Monday. "Life" has us delayed. I may still take the boat up Tuesday and come back Thursday.. Then fly back up Friday while Leah drives the truck back up.

You do know your next job is to paint the boat to match the aircraft right? :D

I don't know if I'd trust my rods to a $10 Berkley holder @ 100 knots......I have visions of canoeing into a back lake, then getting rained on by fishing rods from the sky :lol:

so do you have an anchor for the plane

Yes Terry... Figure I'll throw the anchor.. get the canoe launched and then use it to tie a secondary rope to a tree on shore to make sure the plane is still around when I get back from fishing.

I don't know if I'd trust my rods to a $10 Berkley holder @ 100 knots......I have visions of canoeing into a back lake, then getting rained on by fishing rods from the sky

As for the rod holders and rods blowing out. What I wanted was the holders with the strap.. but no one in town had them. Might grab a set in Bass Pro (if they have them) on Monday when I run daughter #1 back to the big smoke.

Nice job Wayne. When you told me you were doing an auto-loader I had envisioned the canoe being lowered from the wing. Then I had visions of two canoes, one each side. Then you'd want kayaks at the wing tips.

The look wouldn't be complete without you wearing a mad bomber hat.

I'll bet there will be some wet feet and balancing issues the first couple of times but it looks like a great setup.

-Brian

Seriously well thought out, Wayne. Hope you have a great time with it this season.

ps. Not to upstage you but I too invented a little something for the womenfolks. It took me a whole weekend cause I was busy with other things.