I bought a new boat

lew

hey Lew congrats. I dunno what you where thinking about posting your new boat on this forum but if you read the fine print on becoming a member of OFC. It states that anyone who starts a thread of the new boat they bought, the member must take everyone that post in the thread out fishing in your new boat. Well enjoy it LOL

Nice boat. Did you get a kicker for it?

The downeasters are great rod holders but they will roll when mounted on the rails, you just can't get them tight enough. If they do let me know because I've got a fix for that.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback folks, it means alot to hear that cause there's nothing worse than writing a large cheque & then having everybody tell you that you just bought yourself a piece of crappola :lol::lol:

I've used either Merc's or Johnsons my entire life and have owned alot of them over the years and never had a problem with any of them, but this is my 1st venture into a Japanese motor but I've got several friends who run them and they all say how great they are, so that's a good thing too.

That is a sweet boat indeed!! Exactly what I have been looking for. If you don't mind me asking, what made you choose the skeeter over the lund fg tyee or the stratos 386 or the champion etc? In other words, what does this boat offer that would make you pony up the $$ over the others.

I absolutely love it.

It's hard to narrow down as to exactly why I bought this particular outfit over the other ones Cudz, but it just seemed to "fit & feel" right and I knew it was the one for me. I looked at, and compared alot of similar boats in the last couple months, both physically and on-line and this one had it all together just the way I wanted it.

Not saying it's better or worse than any of others on the market, but for my wants & needs this just seemed to be the one, plus Skeeter & Yamaha both have excellent reputations. It'll probably also be the last boat I buy so I wanted something that's gonna last a few years and hopefully this'll do the trick. :Gonefishing:

And no Gerry, I didn't get a kicker as I don't troll slow anyways, but can always buy one later if I decide I need one. As for the DownEasters on the grab rails, I just assumed they'd lock on tight enough with the proper mount but I've never tried that particular set-up before, so I spose I'll just have to try it and see how it works. I don't like the idea of drilling any holes in the glass.

Lew, I would imagine that if the holders slip a little on the rails, the best fix for that would be a 'cut to size' thin piece of rubber (inner tube) around the rail under the clamp. It would also serve as protection against marring those new rails.

Very nice ride for sure Lew I guess you got sick of riding in others covered boats in the late fall and had to make the jump right Pete.

As for them rail mounts the guys here use them all the time and they work great ask george he will let ya know what you need he has set up many boats with them I also like them for another reason you can twist them down for down rods or up out of the water and make the bait run higher with out taking in line I would have put them on my boat but the rails were just not a option.

I cant wait to see her this year congratz on the new girl so does Pete or Sherry get the first ride for musky?