Lady Simcoe finally gives up some Gold.

LeXXington

Decided to head fishing Sunday as the weather looked nice and really did not want too be stuck inside :) or at another mall letting the kids run.

Tried to do some last minute hook up's but everyone had made plans. Oh well far be it from me to deter from fishing.

With no commitments or promises of perch I decided to give the elusive whitefish another try.

Got too my site at 6:45 then walked almost 1.5k out on the Simcoe, had a mild heart attach from pulling my pack then started fishing. Within the first 30 minutes I had already lost 1.

Humm this might be a good day, Brought my first whitefish up not more then 15 minutes later,. I had a few more major hits and hookups but I could not get anything to the surface,

Got another one around 10:30 but it was too small and back in the hole it went, then 11:45 was going to bring up my line reeled a few times and saw something on the finder come swimming in to check it out and bammm another one on this time with some weight too it,

Called it a day as soon as I got it in, WOW what a day. Best Day ICE FISHING YET, MY whitefish SKUNK IS GONE!!!!

LakeSimcoeWhites002Medium.jpg

LakeSimcoeWhites009Medium.jpg

Big congrats, I know how long you've been hoping to get that monkey off your back. I guess you can sell all the ice gear now and settle into contented retirement. But if you decide to give it another go I'll make sure to keep the day free :)