Hahah

Raf

Awesome Raf....you had a good year.

Those Lakers have me even more fired up for Jan 1st!

What are those little black fish in your hand in the picture under the heading "summer'?

I have been seeing a lot of these 'year in summary/season end posts'....good idea...enjoy reading them. Your post however is the first i've seen that goes from Ice...to....ice, i am gonna do one soon....but was waiting cuz my fishing year doesn't have an 'end'....it just keeps going, probably have 2 or 3 small outings left before my 'year end'.

you let that Benbeattie in your boat? just kidding.

Thanks for posting.

Excellent year in review Raf :thumbsup_anim: Congratulations :clapping:

Loved the first pic of the laker.... Real cool shot of the head sticking out of the hole B)

You certainly got into a good variety of quality fish.... also loved the shot of the big pike :w00t:

Great job and thanks again for putting this report together and sharing it with us :thumbsup_anim:

Leechman

thanks gang :)

the bass fisher: good eye! baby bowfin for the win.

limeyangler: same deal here, no real end of the year. although right now; can't launch the boat, can't walk on the ice. ben is always welcome aboard!

Awesome year Raf! Some truly fantastic fish you guys got into and your wild life shots are always good as well. That incidental walleye is a tank!! You gonna be able to get out on the ice over the holidays? Hope so.

Thanks for not posting the picture of my 'fat pants'! haha. That weekend is easily one of my favourite annual trips.

alright some verbage.

great report! the lakers are sweet, they should go in "the best looking fish" post! i think lakers are the best looking fish out there. thanks for sharing!

that thread was over the minute the pic of moosebunk's arctic char was posted.. but i don't disagree. love the look of lakers, especially the 'dark' ones. their fins are such a brilliant white - pics don't do them justice.

That weekend is easily one of my favourite annual trips.

Does that mean we'll see ya somewhere around 4/20?

Jeez!! Do you ever catch small fish?? LOL.

A great collection of pictures!!! Looks like you had a good year.

thanks Cliff.. this is a year end thread & they didn't make the cut lol.

bear with me here a lil :D

Not taking anything away from 08, great company, great water and fish were caught. However, looking back over the year, we didn't boat any real giants and it was a tough year in the sense that it seemed we always had to work for fish. Whether it was wind, brutal cold, oppressive heat, post-cold front bluebird skies, or unusually high water levels - it was an odd year. It re-affirmed my belief that I need to get rich & retire and/or find a rich wife so I can pick my days instead of being a wknd warrior :D .

I think a few pics tell an interesting tale in that they were taken during low light. We did quite a bit of fishing (and were succesful) before or after the sun was up, right out of your playbook :D. We spent a few hours on shore with brown pops and/or catching some zzz's due to the heat or wind in the day. Fish smarter not neccessarily harder. I'm not sure I am sold yet but, the solunar calendar was quite often 'right' too as a few of the fish in the pics were caught during 'prime' periods.

Very nice year end report, loads of pics and not much talk. Some real beauty fish for 2008. Good luck next year.

thanks! best of luck in '09 to you too.

Well done boost :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the blast from the past, Phil. No snail on the Jeep though.. (yet???) :(

Edited by Raf