Ok...Bly just SMOKED my PB Salmon!

ccmtcanada

One night after I said on the board that I just couldn't break the 40" mark with Salmon, Bly completely destroyed it!!!

Anyhow...first the story.

We got to the same spot as last night...we could hear and see salmon jumping close by. Once again, those glow in the dark cleos did the trick! We were feeling strikes, but no hookups....until Bly suddenly says "Ok...fish on!". This fish would NOT come up at first and she wasn't able to make any headway on it. She managed to turn it's head around a few times to keep it under control, but lose 10 feet in the process....this went on for a good 10 minutes. Suddenly, it goes on a straight run away from her....line is peeling from her reel like there's no tomorrow. I look down and see her gently thumb her spool and sure enough....the little added pressure did the trick, and she got it turned around and started to reel it back in. When I looked down and saw the fish I told her it was a HUGE one! It barely fit in our net....but we got it out of the water.

Here it is...not the prettiest fish, but a BIG one! It measured in at 45" and weighed a whopping 34 pounds 1 ounce!!

Carole45341.jpg