Back from Jiggy....

TJQ

Got back from Camp Jiggy Jiggy to find my 'net connection out... got it fixed today and WOW... very nice and fast for now anyway.

Last weekend Monique and I headed up for the opening weekend of partridge hunting, one of our most favorite weekends of the year.. we put a ton of km's on the bike and were pretty successful, bagging 9 birds in an afternoon and a half! It was a blast, and for once the weather gods were very friendly. It went down to below zero both nites, but we were warm with a fire.

Here's some pics and comments:

At Dads Outdoor Store in Temagami, we stopped in to see if they had any decent orange raingear, which they did. Some really nice Helly Hanson gear at a VERY good price, (I have to wait till spring to get my Xtra Lard ass set,...) and we got to looking at this really nice youth model, double barrel .410.... well... ealry xmas present I guess for Monique. She fell in love with it!! http://www.dadstemagami.ca He had some really nice guns and some excellent prices by the way! If your going up that way for moose stop in its an excellent store!

After Camp was set up, while i was getting ready to go, Monique walked up the trail and bagged this one not 100 yards from camp.. all by her lonesome!!! I was grinning ear to ear when I heard the shot!!

img_2784.jpg

What a day we had after that!!

img_2798.jpg

img_2809.jpg

Up to Sisseney lake and a leg stretch!

img_2840.jpg

The one day was windless, what a nice quiet afternoon!

img_2855.jpg

After all the partidge hunting was done, Monique decide on some topwater off the dock using our freinds at Hammerhead topwater lures, and after a bit of persistance she landed this beauty!!!

img_2879.jpg

img_2885.jpg

Of Course... I couldnt let that stand, and after only once cast I put her to shame with this massve Northern....

img_2900.jpg

OK... OK.... maybe I held it a bit too close to the camera.... but hey the smaller ones are harder to catch... takes way more fishing finesse!!

img_2901.jpg

Anyway we had a great weekend with no equipment breakdowns which was nice. Heres till next time... and the big hunt is coming SOON!!!

sure that is such a good idea...arming the wife like that??? :P , you better make sure to be good now.

nice report, nice birds too..that will make a nice meal for sure,looks like you got into a few more ruffed then the spruce up there.

wow those massive 3 footer rapalas work pretty good for those lunker pike,I thought they where just a novelty when they where selling them at Walmart last Christmas, but that's proof in the puddin right there :Gonefishing:

Orange ya glad for huntin' season?

Monique, keep catchin those nice fish, TJ will learn one day.

Thanks for the report, Good luck on the BIG hunt.

Thanks.... and its unlikely ill learn...

Well ya sure can paint a purdy picture T.J! Two questions, why is one partridge a bright color? and second can you get those rainsuits in a bullseye pattern?

Spruce grouse... a bit meatyer... and wilder tasting.

Double barrel 410 OOOHHH perfect shotgun for partridge. Good shootin

Ya.. were very pleased with it!!

Either yer a cradle robber or yer 36' tall.

JF

.... cradle robber...

Great report TJ. I imagine Monique will probably wup your arse at hunting the same as she does at fishing. And so the cycle begins :lol:

Your help I need... lol.... hey .. at least I'm a good teacher.

awesome as always, looks like a good hunt, now bring on the big game, our deer archery season starts on saturday, i cant wait, hopefully it will be a good year. nice to see ol sisney again.

Sisseney is beautiful!!

LOL...great report TJ. Sure...the smaller ones are harder to land...but in this case her bass would have eaten that pike if it saw it....haha.

So... her bass was blind... ah ha!!

sure that is such a good idea...arming the wife like that??? :P , you better make sure to be good now.

nice report, nice birds too..that will make a nice meal for sure,looks like you got into a few more ruffed then the spruce up there.

wow those massive 3 footer rapalas work pretty good for those lunker pike,I thought they where just a novelty when they where selling them at Walmart last Christmas, but that's proof in the puddin right there :Gonefishing:

If she was going to shoot me... it would have already happened!

Monique....you looked simply smashing in the new duds....the gun is a very nice accessory lol

TJ...going to have that monster pike mounted?? hehehehehe

I AM her accessory... lol

Sure.... come though town and don't drop in AGAIN!!! See if the dang beer fairy drops in out the sky for you again....... :P

Nice pics... of Monique anyhow...

LOL.. when we are on our way up or back.. were usually on a mission!!! and I LOVE the beer fairy.