My Big Summertime Walleye !!!!

fishindevil

I Was camping up north a couple of weeks ago and of course doing some walleye fishing,and doing quite well with lots of smaller 14-17inch fish being caught,and a few smallies and even a few small 25inch pike to boot,when i was seeing a few big hooks on my lowrance off a deep drop going from 22ft of water and within a few feet it drops down to almost 50ft of water,well i made a few passes along the drop,and around the 42ft mark there was a few big hooks ,so i thought they might be lake trout as they are in this lake,so i was using one of my homemade floating worm harnesses,and a 2oz bottom bouncer,with a big dew worm,and i trolled it along the drop one last time,and band "FISH-ON !!!! well after a few mins i was really feeling the big head shakes,and short drag pulling runs that can only be yup...walleye !!!! well up she came to the surface,and i knew she was a good size fish but,man i was suprised to see a huge walleye,so i netted her really quick,and precise..and loaded her into the livewell,and made the 6 mile run back to the campsite/resort,where i could get her weighed,and mesured,so i could release her unharmed...well they were all shocked as there has not been a walleye caught that they know of for over 20yrs,and thats how long ago they were stocked in that lake...so they took pictures of me & my fish and put the pictures at the front of the resort wall for everyone to see,she was weighed on official toledo scales as they have pike & bass derbies for the resort on the lake,so she was official at 10.3/4 lbs 33"inches long and was released to be caught another day,so we do know that the fish is 20yrs old,she was a blast to catch so here are the pics,oh ya and this one is for our team catch 22 !!!!ya baby

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-5.jpg

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-7.jpg

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-6.jpg

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-8.jpg

and the release shot !!!!

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-9.jpg

and here are a few more pictures from the place were at enjoy!!!!!!!

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-12.jpg

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-11.jpg

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-10.jpg

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-1.jpg

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-3.jpg

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-15.jpg

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-13.jpg

opeongoresortcampinglakeontario2-16.jpg

WOW!....she's a beauty!!! :thumbsup_anim: Thanks for sharing FD. You have given me some ideas for catching in that lake i was in last week, i got everything ...pike, Lakers, bass and perch but could not find the walleye, maybe some of the big 'hooks' i saw on my Lowrance at around 40' drop offs weren't just trout :unsure: Anyhooo....congrats on the fish, i dont hate you ....much...beat my best one so far by 3"....but size doesn't matter...right? :whistling: