Permission to come aboard?

Radnine

Hi to all!

I’m thrilled to be on this fantastic site. Slightly intimidated but thrilled.

I have been fishing since my early twenties, but my interest has peaked as of late with my 5 year old son showing signs of loving the outdoors and spending time with his dad. In fact the desire to start building quality memories has prompted me to buy my first boat (a 2008 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1600).

We have time booked this coming summer at Bobcaygeon (Sturgeon), Doe Lake, and Rice Lake (I should call it the “Visiting the Classics” tour).

I have loads of questions that I am doing my best to get answers to by osmosis from your site, rather than asking a bunch of daft ones.

But I will ask one; does anyone know if there are hydrographical maps available for the lakes that I have mentioned, and if so, from where I might buy them?

Thanks in advance, and I’ll look forward to enjoying your posts in the future.

Welcome aboard.

I do not know where Doe Lake is. I will give you the chart numbers for Sturgeon Lake and Rice Lake on the Trent-Severn Waterway series of charts.

Rice Lake – chart #2022

Sturgeon Lake – chart #2024 and #2025.

You can probably get the charts at just about any marina or marine store. Some stationaries will also sell it. Stores that sell maps will also probably sell the marine charts.

You can get it online or in person from:

©Federal Publications Inc., 1998 - 2006

165 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 3B8

Phone: (416) 860-1611 or toll-free 1-888-433-3782 · E-mail: [email protected]

Web site address is:

http://www.fedpubs.com/

carp-starter

Double check the number of the charts. I think that in the year 2007 the charts have been updated and so the chart number may also change.

Hi all!

I can't thank you enough for the warm welcome and pointing me in the right direction for maps! You have no idea how much diddling around I have been doing trying to find fishing maps on Google. The suggestions look great.

To answer a couple of questions; I live in Caledonia, Ontario. And, while of British descent, I am second generation Canadian.

I really am enjoying this group.

Thanks again.

Jim

Welcome to the board! No need to be intimidated at all. I joined the board at the end of 06 as a complete newbie, and there are no stupid questions. You may get the off smartdonkey answer, but it's all in fun.

Looking forward to seeing your reports and dont forget, we like pics!

Cliff