Just Bought A New Boat at the Boat Show!

Minnow

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the advice from my two previous threads on tournaments boat and lund fiberglass! After some serious research and shopping around my dad and I decided to go with the Ranger 620 VS!

We ordered the boat from D.T Powersports at the boat show and Greg the owner was a really nice guy and helped us customize our ranger to meet all our needs. He even introduced us to Joe Noel who is a pro fisherman I saw him on the CFT super series, I also saw Dave Mercer with him. They showed us the great humminbird side imaging technology, which is amazing by the way! Thank you to everyone on this board as well after reading all the discussions it really helped me make the right decisions!

This is the exact rig we got!

MyRangerBoat.jpg

Here are the specs

2008 Ranger 620 VS Dual Console (Custom Colours)

2008 250 HP Mercury Verado

2008 9.9 HP Pro Mercury Kicker

MinnKota 101 Maxx Trolling Motor

Humminbird 997 Side Imaging in the Console

Humminbird 787 in the Bow (Navionics Gold Included)

Custom Ranger Trailer

Plus countless other features that come standard

Also we got

Ranger 40th Anniversary G Loomis Rod

Rapala Ranger Tackle Pack

Ranger Custom Boat Cover

Free for the 40th Anniversary

Will have to wait for 10-12 Weeks while our Ranger is Custom Built at the Ranger Factory in Arkansas, Can't wait to get it out on the water in April!

We wanted a boat for hardcore fishing as well as family and the cottage. A boat that can handle rough water and looks nice as well, and of course the most important is quality and I think we found it all and more in the Ranger 620! Can't wait for Bass Season!

Now, let's just hope the forecasted $1.50/litre doesn't come true this summer, or you might want to start putting the pennies aside now... ;)

Not to worry with the Verado... overall it will burn less fuel than a 115 2 stroke......much less fuel.

As for $1.50/litre... marina dock price hit $1.52/litre the summer Katrina went thru....so nothing new.

You and your Dad have a ball in that thing Minnow and be sure to follow the first TWO hour break in instructions for the Verado to the tee! Will take awhile to get use to docking the thing...because it's so quiet you'll think the motor shut off, but don't worry about grinding the starter...they defaulted the start circuit so you can't start it twice !!! :thumbsup_anim:

I'm just jealous, Irish... :D

(plus I'm used to the gas consumption my 20 HP provides me...)

Never knew the gas reached that high at the marina's that year! I always fill the boat up at road-side gas stations, so I was left in the dark about that gouge...

She's definitley a beauty ride...if only I had the money.. :wacko:

Good Fishing,

Justin

Very nice boat!

I looked very seriously at that model but opted for a 1987 Starcraft instead for two key reasons;

1: Starcraft had wider gunwales :)

2: Starcraft was $40,000 cheaper ;)

You will certainly be riding in style this summer and many to come. Congrats!

-Brian