Blast from the past

danc

On Christmas day, we had dinner at my parents house with the entire family. The designated smoking area for us die hards was in the basement. I was down there a couple of times during the visit. I found an old dresser that used to be in my bedroom many, many years ago, and started browsing through it. This is what I found inside. I don't know what happened to the Cabelas fishing catalogues. I probably wore them out. No wonder I never got in trouble when I was a kid.

oldcats.jpg

I think Austin Powers best described what I was doing 35 years ago:

Austin Powers: No doubt, love, but as long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners without protection while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!

73 or 74, I believe I was playing with my Evil Kenievel Stunt cycle (anybody remember those ??).

Dan, I can't recall if it was my birthday or Christmas, but I got my first rod and reel combo. A Berkley Rod with a Garcia Mitchell 300 reel. Remember the ones with the clicker that was really loud. I still have the reel today.

73 or 74, I believe I was playing with my Evil Kenievel Stunt cycle (anybody remember those ??).

I believe i was probably whipping cheerios at my mom or throwing some sort of tantrum as i was in the midst of my "terrible twos" . And yes i remember my Evil Kneivel stunt bike lol. Truly a classic.......this ones for you misty river lol

Evil Knievel Memories

Edited by Blaque

I was discovering girls and Led Zeppelin.Good times to be sure.I collect old Popular Mechanics and Mechanics Illustrated from the 50's to the 70's.I love seeing all the stuff that they predicted would happen.

Joe

Edited by Daplumma

Too funny Wayne ... I found a whole box of them (about 100) in the attic of a old house I rented in Guelph in 1979 (2nd yr University)... and that was one of them for sure ! Not sure what ever happened to them ... probably worth a couple bucks today :)

Anyhow Dan ... in '72 ... I was watching Phil Esposito chastising the Canadian fans for their booing in Montreal, Ken Dryden was standing on his head and a guy named Tretiak was making it realllly hard for Paul Henderson and the rest of us to kick some Red-Army butt....

Living in Brampton in the apartment buildings across the road from the Steinbergs and up the street from Billy Davis' house ... I still used my Popiel's pocket fisherman and my super-slider-snow-skates .... and ... if I am not mistaken ... it was the first year I had a plastic street-hockey-stick blade ... which when heated could hold a curve the size of Ethiopia !

Edited by camillj