Boat and Motor Prices

fishinggeek

I would suggest you go to the spring fishing and boat show should be lots of packages on display so you can compare bang for buck.

Legend is famous for the low sticker price and for that low sticker you get a skinny boat with a 50 HP 2 stroke.

If your looking at something decent from Legend and properly powered the price jumps into the 23-24k range and when you get into that price range other doors open up.

Last year I picked up a 16'-7" Alumacraft with a 90" beam full windshield,Galvanized trailer, 90 HP Yamaha 4 stroke for 18,500 but keep in mind the motor was 1 year old.

forget the Legend... Cheap sticker price but by the time you add up all the things that make a boat the price is not cheaper than a good boat like a princecraft or something similar.

The sticker price on the boat I was going to buy didn't even come with power trim (of course it didn't say that). Who the F@#$ sells a 90 HP merc without power trim? Also the advertised free upgrade to 4 stroke was all sold out etc... Just a bunch of crap and lies. Would never consider buying a Legend ever! Thats like buying a car and the salesmen asking if you want power steering for extra $500.00. Really pi55ed me off.

Stick with a good boat like a Princecraft with a Honda. You will not regret it, the sticker price includes just about everything you will need.

I was told by a Merc dealer last summer (he was forced to sell mercs with his boats because they own all the boat companies now).

If its BLACK you might NOT get BACK, if its Grey, you're OK.

Keep them coming! Thanks for all the input. So far I like the sounds of Honda 4-strokes are good, Legend is no good, and maybe buying from the States. What is it like to buy from the States? Is there a lot of paperwork? Are there brokers that will do it for a small fee?

I am doing it right now.

Just got the form from RIV today. Piece of Cake.

Will probably take the trailer to CT tomorrow.

There are brockers but they'll charge you lot of money and for what?

You can do it all yourself...10 min at the border...and that is it.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman