I'm Starting a new business!!!!!!

Big Cliff

Well, as many of you know I started my apprentice ship as a small engine mechanic not so long ago and I am loving it! Now I have decided to start a new business to help offset the cost of tools and supplies etc.. Some good tax write offs too.

By the end of today, Cliff's Small Engine Repairs will be operational but here is the deal. NO LABOUR CHARGES FOR ANY OFNr, if you have chain saws, weed eaters, lawn mowers, snow blowers....... anything small with a gas engine and can get it to me I will repair it (if it can be repaired) for the cost of the parts. If you have any of the above that are beyond reasonable repair and would like to donate them to me for spare parts, that would be most appreciated also. (By the way, thanks Beans for your donation)

As you can probably guess this isn't really a "Money making business" it's a hobby and it's not full time (I already have a full time job/hobby as a small engine mechanic). I am only available on weekends and evenings so calling ahead is a good idea! 705-328-0750

If you are looking for deals on used equipment, let me know, I have started building a bit of inventory and will be adding more stuff as I get it, everything will be overhauled and ready to go and guarenteed. I might even have a line on a couple of new Briggs & Stratton outboards. I'll know better on Monday.

Mods. if this post causes any problems or is considered spam please remove it immediatly.

Thanks

Big Cliff

Wow...what a great offer and if I have anything that needs tuning up or fixing, I'll take a nice drive up your way. Oh yeah...does a 1990 Toyota Corolla count as a small engine??? I believe there are some lawnmowers out there with a more powerful one....LOL

Hey Cliff, glad to hear things are going your way. Gus and I are trying to plan a day or two to Musky fish in a month or so, we will be in touch. I have some gifts for you and your newest venture. Some l/m oil and 2 stroke cleaner oil made by Tanaka, works like slick 50 as it lubes. I have a couple of Ryobi weed trimmers for ya, should be able to get parts from one to make the other work for ya you can have and I need a tune-up on a Ryobi leaf blower. As well as some asst. Mcculloh engine parts you are more than welcome to have, I think they are from weed wackers and/or chainsaws. Most of the parts were scrapped out from work before I changed careers. All the best to you and Sue cya soon. :D

TB, I'll be happy to have a look at it for you, as long as I can get the parts, shouldn't be a problem.

ec, bring it over anytime, if I'm not home, just leave it on the front porch with your phone number.

LB, I'll be in Oakville on the 28th, if you want to PM me your address , I'd love to have it. I could pick it up then if that works for you.

MF, haven't done one yet but no reason why I can't.

Cliff, sorry, anything bigger than a lawn tractor is out, for now anyway LOL.

Karem, thanks, I'll be watching for your PM.

Jeff, that's wonderful! Thank you very much! What dates are you coming? you know you are welcome to use the guest room if it is available.

Wow...what a great offer and if I have anything that needs tuning up or fixing, I'll take a nice drive up your way. Oh yeah...does a 1990 Toyota Corolla count as a small engine??? I believe there are some lawnmowers out there with a more powerful one....LOL

ask fishindevil he knows a dynamite mechanic for your toyota :whistling:

FF, I sure hope so because my son just told me he has a couple of them for the Great Grand kids that need some TLC. If I can't fix them I'll be in a heap of trouble. (But please grandpaw I just want to go for a little ride!) Ya so I'd spend all night in the machine shop turning a new piston if I had to LOL (and any of you grandpaws out there would do the same I'll bet LOL)

Just so there is no missunderstanding: I am an apprentice mechanic not a fully licenced mechanic and while I have a lot of resources available to me (like about 60 years experience from the guys I work with) I don't know all the answers but there is a good chance I do know where to find them.

I am not in this to make a living, I spent the last 45 years of my life doing that, now I just want to keep my brain active and my hands busy (Sue said I have to or else LOL). I can't afford to loose money at it but I don't have a big overhead either. (well the Government might think so LOL) so hense the no labour charges. If you need it fixed today, go to an established shop, they have spent a lot of time and money to be able to give you that kind of service!

If you expect to bring it by, have Cliff Fix it and drive away..... Probably not going to happen, I don't have the huge parts inventory that the big shops have, it might take me a couple of days to get parts if I need them and don't have them.

There isn't anything that "Can't be fixed" if the parts are available. But if the piston and cylinder are shot, by the time you paid for the parts...... Well you might as well just go buy a new one with a warranty. I just heard that ECHO has come out with a 5 year Consumer Warranty on their trimmers.

Lastly, I have nothing but respect for the guys that have worked and compleated their apprenticeships in whatever field. They have earned the right to be called a licenced___________. It isn't an easy go, you should be proud of yourselves.